PDA

View Full Version : feet going through the floor - help!

captives
07-02-2003, 08:29 AM
i need an lscript/setup to prevent my characters feet from going through the floor. i cant seem to find anything...

thank you in advance!!!

captives
07-02-2003, 08:34 AM
oops, i posted this in the wrong area ...

Randog
07-02-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by captives
i need an lscript/setup to prevent my characters feet from going through the floor. i cant seem to find anything...

thank you in advance!!!

You do not need an LScript to prevent this. Chances are you need to adjust your IK rig. I could try and post some solutions, however it may be easiest if you describe the current setup, or post an annotated screen shot, or post the .lws with the IK setup in it.

Give us a little information and I sure there are many people,like myself, that will more than willing to help.

-All the Best

captives
07-03-2003, 02:22 AM
thank you for your generous attitude randog

i will do as you suggested and post the .lws file on the thread ASAP...

the rig i am using was built following a really awesome tutorial from the chaps @ digiwonk. (the zombie rig.) its really an amazing video tut and worth checking out. but since i have very limited knowledge in lightwave i cant really take it much further on my own without help from other sources!

thanks again for responding

-captives

Randog
07-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by captives
thank you for your generous attitude randog

i will do as you suggested and post the .lws file on the thread ASAP...

the rig i am using was built following a really awesome tutorial from the chaps @ digiwonk. (the zombie rig.) its really an amazing video tut and worth checking out. but since i have very limited knowledge in lightwave i cant really take it much further on my own without help from other sources!

thanks again for responding

-captives

I am not familiar with the tutorial you are talking about. I look forward to seeing what you have done.

Starting out can be a bit frustrating. We have all been there. Just stick with it.

-R

bobakabob
07-09-2003, 03:57 AM
Have you delved into the Graph Editor to check the feet nulls on the Position Y axis in relation to the floor? You can make accurate manual adjustments here, sometimes very quickly depending on the number of keyframes you've used...

Also, check the type of spline you're using between keyframes - in some cases, the default TCB spline has a tendency to 'loop' so the feet appear to slide and behave unpredictably. If this happens try using a linear spline.

Rob