PDA

View Full Version : licence.key HASSLE on XP Pro

Deep Image
11-05-2007, 02:11 AM
If you want to change platform with LightWave - to go from 32-bit Windows to 64-bit, or to Mac from PC or vice versa - then you need to generate a new license.key for your machine. Here are the steps involved:

1. Login to the Registration system at http://register.newtek.com;
2. Go to My Products;
3. Copy the serial number from there;
4. Go back to My Home and register a new LightWave 3D;
5. Paste the serial number you copied and you will be presented with a page where the licence you already registered is filled in, but there are empty cases for the other two platforms. Make sure you verify that the dongle number is correct for the platform you are registering.

Did all of this and more but the @#^(%#%&*&^$%#@ end result stays the same.
Did a clean installation of LW 9.3.1 PC 32bit
USB dongle gives green light, and works oke on my Mac
Yes I have a new pc serial
Yes I filled in the right numbers, manual and also by copy/paste
Yes I generated a separate licence.key file with a text app
Yes I removed the licenece.key "bak" file

But for some reason LW 9.3 can't read the license file after a success fully entering the numbers. When restarting layout, as instructed it will run again in DEMO MODE #%&(*^%$##%&(()))(*&^%$%$###@#. And yes I'm pissed........and frustrated. Why is this such a hassle??????? I really don't understand because all other 3D apps I installed on my Mac with XP PRO were done with just a few button clique's!!!

Or is it just me?

Please can anyone help me out here.

Mac OS X and XP PRO
2x3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
5 GB 667 MHz DDR2

Deep Image
11-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Did you install the latest dongle drivers (http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp)?

Did you check that your license.key has no empty characters/spaces after the last digit?

Hi Neverko,
Yes I did!

BeeVee
11-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Two things strike me as needing a bit more explanation:

1. Did you note a different Lock ID for your PC version? If it's a purple USB key then it's almost certainly got a different Lock ID on PC compared to Mac;
1a. As a corollary to the above do you have a Mac-only USB key? If it says eve3 on the side of the dongle then yes and it won't work on a PC no matter what. If it says Duo on the side then there's another reason.
2. If it's 9.3.1 you need a beta license.key, not a regular one for it to work and your serial number should start with A1Z

B

Dan_NT
11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Please contact NewTek Customer Service to see if they can solve your problem. You should make sure 9.3.0 32-bit PC works fine for you; as Ben Vost mentioned you're going to have a temporary license key for all beta versions of LightWave, so make sure you're registering a LightWave Beta program and that you're using the latest license key for that since they expire in intervals.

Deep Image
11-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Two things strike me as needing a bit more explanation:

1. Did you note a different Lock ID for your PC version? If it's a purple USB key then it's almost certainly got a different Lock ID on PC compared to Mac;
1a. As a corollary to the above do you have a Mac-only USB key? If it says eve3 on the side of the dongle then yes and it won't work on a PC no matter what. If it says Duo on the side then there's another reason.
2. If it's 9.3.1 you need a beta license.key, not a regular one for it to work and your serial number should start with A1Z

B

Hi Ben,
Thanks for your quick reply.
1) Yes I have noticed that while registering. And filled in the PC lock ID. This is why I now have a license.key number for Windows. And yes it is a beta 9.3.1 version and starts with A1ZD356496....
Yes I do have a purple USB key with the following inscription on top "Rainbow Duo". I can't find any eve3 inscription on either sides!
2) I will give it one more try. Remove all LW files and make a clean LW 9.3.0 32-bit PC install. If this doesn't workout I'll contact NewTek Customer Service!:agree:

Thanks

Peter

Deep Image
11-06-2007, 02:04 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Oke Thanks BeeVee and DAN 12345. Problem solved.

I did a complete clean install of LW 9.3.0 and registered with the right product lock and got my srn. for windows.Every thing runs smooth now.

Tomorrow I will install the beta version. Thanks for your support.

Peter