PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the bottom of the food chain.

lesterfoster
11-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I bought a movie called Frankenfish. The DVD box cover looked good. But some how I thought it was a “B” class movie and did not expect much. But it ended up being quite a good movie. I enjoyed it a lot. And recommend it.

Here is a link to a trailer that I found on youtube.
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAJ6_cSXRIk
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/515GEW94Q7L._SS500_.jpg

I loaned it to one of my co-workers at work. He enjoyed it too. Now I am just waiting for him to return it so I can lend it out to others.

The scarey thing is, That they are real. And they are man eaters. They can move on land and breath air. Check out the link below. And check out the links at the bottom of this page for more info.
http://snakehead_fish.tripod.com/

hrgiger
11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
You kind of lost me right after you said the box cover looked good. That was not my first impression. It does look funny however. With a name liken frankenfish.... Did somebody build it in a lab out of dead fish parts?

Now I can speak for Frankenhooker. That's a classic...

lesterfoster
11-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Also that link that I gave with more info on the real one’s. I seem to be getting a lot of popups being blocked. So I suggest that you don’t click on that link at the end of my post.:thumbsdow :devil: :cursin: :cry:

lesterfoster
11-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Now I can speak for Frankenhooker. That's a classic...

Found a trailer for Frankenhooker on youtube. Don’t know what to say about it. Too scary for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjAs2knS2rw

But the movie Frankenfish, I thought was as good, if not better then the movie “Anaconda”

IMI
11-04-2007, 12:13 PM
That's pretty funny, leterfoster - frankenhooker. I needed a laugh, and that worked perfectly. :D

You know what? Anaconda, while a very "B" movie had one incredible asset: Jennifer Lopez in a wet t-shirt. Honestly, if you endeavor to make a movie with little plot, mediocre effects, and a very low budget, you still need at least that.
I saw Anaconda, and I will heartily give it a rating of 10 - on a scale of 11-100, based on its story,acting, and effects.
However... it did have Jennifer Lopez finding an excuse to have her clothes all wet much of the time, which was, IMO, beautiful... just beautiful. :)

voriax
11-04-2007, 04:16 PM
It's funny, in 20 years we'll be looking back at movies like Frankenfish, Anaconda, and probably Transformers and laughing at the effects like we do when we see at stuff like Frankenhooker now.
And everyone will go "Jennifer Lopez? Who's she?" "Oh, some old singer with a fat ***" ;)

Qslugs
11-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm so throwing that one on my netflix list.

Lake Placid was another brilliant large creature movie worth checking out. As was deep blue sea. I think they both got panned but were very enjoyable.

Iain
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
There are actually some good films around. Honestly, you don't have to make do with trash.

IMI
11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I know a few people personally who are B movie fans, and many more from online discussion boards. There is a reason they're still making movies like these....

Steamthrower
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Anyone up for another viewing of "Time Bandits"? ;)

Iain
11-05-2007, 03:59 PM
There was nothing trashy about Time Bandits (or Princess Bride for that matter:thumbsup: ).

I know there are people who like B movies. I just think they also probably like to wear gold lamé track suits and grow crap goatees because they're "a bit wacky".

If it's not attention seeking then it's just low standards, in my opinion.

Qslugs
11-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Time bandits was a brilliant film. The best part was the end where the kid was left all alone right after his parents exploded. Gotta love a dark ending.

Qslugs
11-05-2007, 04:12 PM
There are actually some good films around. Honestly, you don't have to make do with trash.

Im confused, are you stating that big creature films are trash, or just frankenfish?

And while I do occasionally wear track pants to the gym, I can honestly say they are not of the gold lamé variety.

Iain
11-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Im confused, are you stating that big creature films are trash, or just frankenfish?

I'm stating that trash films are trash and people who champion them have low expectations or questionable taste.

They can be about anything but I think that yes, you could probably get away with the sweeping statement that 'big creature' films are trash.

Iain
11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Actually, I loved Tremors and I suppose that was a big creature film.

The difference is it was funny and well acted. It was character driven rather than just being about big worms attacking people.

IMI
11-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm stating that trash films are trash and people who champion them have low expectations or questionable taste.

I suppose sheer entertainment value isn't valid enough?
I think they're crap too, but I can remember many many nights sitting around the VCR with a bunch of friends an laughing our a$$es off at some of those movies. ;)

But, what do I know? I think Life of Brian is one of the most brilliant comedies ever made...

kcpaul
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
I must confess when you said "The scarey thing is, That they are real. And they are man eaters." I was looking much lower on the cover. And because you said they are real I new you could not be refering to the single alligator above them. So I will continue to believe you were reffering to the other two twin assets in the movie.

animotion
11-05-2007, 06:01 PM
I saw that movie on the sci-fi channel, what a freakin joke.
It should have been rated B minus.