PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Gradient Question

mccabejc
11-03-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm going thru the Kurv DVD on Nodes, and there's a basic, simple question that I just can't find the answer to:

If I want to make a simple color gradient across a 2 dimensional box that is 2 meters square, where the color varies from red on the top (y = 2m) to yellow on the bottom (y = 0m), how do I do it?

Yes, I know it's a dumb question, but for the life of me I can't figure out to to relate the colors shown in the display in the gradient node to the corresponding physical locations on the box. I thought that if I entered either 0 and 2 for the Start and End values on the gradient display it would do the trick. Either that or a 0 and 1, indicating 0% and 100% of the surface y dimensions. But that didn't do it.

Thanks.

Surrealist.
11-03-2007, 11:07 PM
I think it is 1 = a meter and the gradient is upside down so that the top of the gradient is the bottom of the surface.

Set the end to 2, put a slider there and pull it up until you start to see a change on the box. You may not see a visible change where you'd expect and a good way to experiment is by moving the slider.