PDA

View Full Version : Leopard and LW 8

chernobylpug
11-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I just installed Leopard and LW isn't showing the "move" or "stretch" handle bars unless the pivot point is barely off screen in camera view. I've re-installed but problem persists. Also when I save it doesn't list files just gives me the option to save on desktop (its a different save screen very tiny like generic save screen for garagband and other programs). Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

chernobylpug
11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks no one.

eblu
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
dude. sounds like you're the first one to try it. calm down.

I can solve your second problem. in the save dialog, next to the text box where you type the Name of the file, there is a button. its a vertically oriented triangle, click it. that should give you the not "different very tiny save screen."

chernobylpug
11-05-2007, 01:49 PM
eblu for president:D

chernobylpug
11-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Doesn't work either. It has lots of bugs. I can't even use Lightwave anymore.

Phil
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
If you're expecting help, you are going to need to be a lot more descriptive. Which version of LW 9.3 are you running (CFM or UB)? On what hardware?

Your first post mentioned LW8, but no mention of whether this was actually 8.5, or on what hardware. It's also not mentioned whether you tried on Tiger, either, which would have been helpful.

CFM LW has issues with GLSL on intel Macs. CFM LW is not supported by NewTek on Intel Macs (because of Rosetta). UB LW is the only supported LW release for Intel Macs. This is not a result of them not caring. It's simply that the Rosetta emulation layer for PowerPC apps is not able to handle debuggers, making bug fixing extremely difficult.

For PowerPC, the story is different. No emulation, so issues are easier to debug.

However, "doesn't work either" doesn't describe an issue that anyone can possibly help you with. Nor does "it has lots of bugs".

chernobylpug
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
If you're expecting help, you are going to need to be a lot more descriptive. Which version of LW 9.3 are you running (CFM or UB)? On what hardware?

Your first post mentioned LW8, but no mention of whether this was actually 8.5, or on what hardware. It's also not mentioned whether you tried on Tiger, either, which would have been helpful.

CFM LW has issues with GLSL on intel Macs. CFM LW is not supported by NewTek on Intel Macs (because of Rosetta). UB LW is the only supported LW release for Intel Macs. This is not a result of them not caring. It's simply that the Rosetta emulation layer for PowerPC apps is not able to handle debuggers, making bug fixing extremely difficult.

For PowerPC, the story is different. No emulation, so issues are easier to debug.

However, "doesn't work either" doesn't describe an issue that anyone can possibly help you with. Nor does "it has lots of bugs".

Ohh. Well I'm running LW 9.3 Univ. Binary on a G5 PowerPC. And the handle bars for Move, Rotate, scale, etc. don't appear unless the object is barely offscreen. What gives?