PDA

View Full Version : MUSCLE plugin needed

silviotoledo
11-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Will someone finally to do a muscle plugin for lightwave?

pooby
11-03-2007, 10:35 AM
I very much doubt anyone would do one right now, as the animation and deformation system in LW is due for a change 'soon'.

I presume you mean proper skin sliding dynamic muscles not just just muscle bones?
Hopefully it will be possible without plugins if Newtek do a thorough job.

silviotoledo
11-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Hy Pooby,

I really think Lightwave 9.5 will not change anything in deform system and LW 10 must need 2 or more years to be launched.

So, a muscle plugin would still be so helpfull. Yeah, I reffer to real deforming skin muscles.

Speaking about muscle bones, why don't someone do a "once click " plugin for it? I tried several techniques and it's too terrible to add several nulls.

What is so difficult changing the original cilinder form of a bone, or to flex it, in programming? Custom bone shapes would be perfect.

There must be a way to use the joints from IK boost or hide all that crazy null objects ( scene editor included ).

Dodgy
11-03-2007, 01:09 PM
My muscle plug-in does a one click operation. You place the muscle bone where you want it, select it and your target, and click the Make Muscle Bone command and it sets up the muscle bone for you.

silviotoledo
11-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Cool! Lot's of good Plugins Dodgy. I will try it soon.

What's the difficult to change bone format to another wich is not a cilinder?
Why is so difficult to create a middle floating point at this bone?
Why can't bone have naturally 2 fix points ( and adaptable stretchy middle ) and not only one fix point?

I see Shift Spline Transform 3rd party plugin in your page almost do it. Isn't it open source? So someone would make it better. How can we contact the author?

It would be amazing if we have a plugin wich uses a volum to send dynamic displacement information to the object, like that cool tests Pooby did using displacement maps.
Coliding objects tends to be not so perfect and sometimes passes through. Lightwave is also terrible for colisions, but displacement maps acts perfectlly.

What would be the direction Dodgy? Is it possible to use volum information as dinamic displacement map to generate muscles?

Let's do something here to have LW muscles :) and better than Maya's one :)
Pooby's displacement tests look better than Muscle TK results.

Mr Rid
11-04-2007, 03:12 AM
reminded of this crazy setup
http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=namormuscle040fb.gif

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showpost.php?p=131735&postcount=22

silviotoledo
11-04-2007, 03:31 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/silviotoledo/MUSCLE.jpg

adamredwoods
11-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I am planning to do a couple variants of muscle deformers in RigMaster, but most likely v2.0. It will require a deformer/custom obj plugin.

As for stretchy bones, either see Dodgy's plugins, wait for RigMaster v1.0 next year, or wait for Newtek in ___ years.

othornton
11-06-2007, 04:29 AM
I think that one of the biggest hurdles LW is dealing with in terms of a muscle plugin is a lack of NURBS, Cluster Deformers, Lattice Deformers, Dynamic Spline curves, etc. Basically some of the more common tools used in other programs. I've been playing with cMuscle in Maya and I cannot believe how robust a system it is. Kinda pricey, but the ability to weight sticky and sliding weights to skins for muscles and bones is, well, priceless. There was one plug-in that simulated sub-surface geometry in LW, but I don't think it has been updated for 8 or 9.
KO_Polyfit was the name: http://www1.plala.or.jp/Otsuka/graphics/plugins/POLYFIT.HTML
I don't have time to Babelfish the page right now, but it looks to provide a lot of solutions for maintaining volume, muscle movement, etc.
Put me down for voting yes on muscles for LW.

-Oliver

silviotoledo
11-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Adam - Nice to hear rigmaster is comming. It's always nice to have more solutions for lightwave.

Oliver - Polyfit is too limited. Tried it. Not a solution.

The bad thing is that each new deformer available for lightwave will not work with dynamics or the other deformers. It's also necessary to have a way to have more than one layer of bones as deformer for lightwave. This way we will have a rig that works for animation and a complete rig latter without have to do a rig per scene.

Newtek must find a way to connect or create relations between one and other deformer too. This would be so helpfull.

Muscle simulation is probably so far from Newtek possibilities actually. I hope creative people find a way for doing a plugin soon.

OOZZEE
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
project messiah has a muscle deformation doesn't it ? and it can be used as a LW plugin or standalone too.

silviotoledo
05-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Oozzzzzzzzze

The problem with Messiah is that it replaces the LW bone animation, kinda exporting as MDD.

Adam

Any updates :) ?