PDA

View Full Version : LW v9.2 Crash Issue's :-(

SovereignUK
11-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi folks,

I'm very new to LW and only recently bought v9.2. So yes i'm a newbe so any help would be grately appreciated. The first couple of days have not been fun! :thumbsdow

I was getting use to the programme following the Die Tutorial which was all going well until i turned the texture type on the perspective viewport window and while first of all it was fine the minute i tried to move the ball it crashed as it now does if you do anything with texture on. Plus it won't give me an error code :confused:

However when its set to wireframe or flat shade it works fine. I've tried re-installing the programme a few times and my graphics card drivers are bang up to date as is every other programme driver on the computer.

Any comments or tips would be helpful. I'm currently running Vista Home Premium, Pentium 4 3ghz processor, 4 gb ram and an Ati Radeon X1950 Pro 256mb.

Thanks

evolross
11-03-2007, 09:41 AM
I had a ton of crashes in 9.2. :thumbsdow So did my co-workers. We upgraded to 9.3 and it runs smooth. The upgrade is free (I think) if you have 9.0 or 9.2. So do that and you should have better results. :thumbsup:

SovereignUK
11-03-2007, 11:06 AM
I had a ton of crashes in 9.2. :thumbsdow So did my co-workers. We upgraded to 9.3 and it runs smooth. The upgrade is free (I think) if you have 9.0 or 9.2. So do that and you should have better results. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks for that is appears to have solved the problem. Very chuffed. Only problem i'm having is with the key. Its saying it doesn't have the licence required. Also it calls it a discovery edition. Have i done something wrong or is this correct.

Again thanks for your help :)

SovereignUK
11-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I just realised this is the trial edition. Oops will have to route around for the upgrade edition :)

evolross
11-03-2007, 12:12 PM
It should work fine if you copy and overwrite the "Newtek\Lightwave 9.2\Programs\license.key" file from your old installation into your new installation in the same location. This has always worked for me. Restart Layout and it should be activated.

SovereignUK
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
It should work fine if you copy and overwrite the "Newtek\Lightwave 9.2\Programs\license.key" file from your old installation into your new installation in the same location. This has always worked for me. Restart Layout and it should be activated.

Yeah that did work it not longer say's discovery edition and instead of an erroe message coming up saying no key found it says temporary license key has 14 days remaining :question:

Now i have the license key for v9.2 but how do you imput that into v9.3?

Thanks again

BeeVee
11-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Use the Layout > Help > Enter license item. You will use the same key for the rest of the 9.x series.

B

SovereignUK
11-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks kindly :-)