PDA

View Full Version : MPEG2 & Nexus

OaheTV
11-02-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm looking for the best workflow to take projects from VT4 & Tricaster and air them on a Leightronix "Nexus" video server.

Nexus will only play MPEG2, so is there an easy way to render in VT4 and simply copy the file onto the Nexus drives?

Thanks for your help & insight! pmc

teh_duke
11-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I would also like to know about this. We use a Nexus video server and we record cnn newsfeed onto the server. Is there a good way to import the recorded mpeg2 files from the nexus into vt-edit/speededit or directly into a ddr?

As for the output to Nexus, you could output rtv files and use a program like Tmpgenc to convert to standard MPEG2 format.

Is there a faster way to do this?

m4a2000
12-28-2007, 07:26 PM
We have the first Nexus unit that came out where I work. I've used Tmpgenc with an AVI file but it stutters for some reason at the open. I've also notice this same problem with an Mpeg that was rendered via Final Cut - Compressor - MPEG Streamclip. We have used SpeedEdit to render Mpegs and we haven't had any problems. I'm right now rendering a file through SpeedEdit VT on the new VT5... I'll tell you how it turns out... I think the best you can do is use VT5/SpeedEdit if you want an Mpeg to work on the Nexus.

snowpick
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm in the same boat.
We use a VT4 and we'll be upgrading this month to the 5. I'd really like to know how it worked out. If I can save $$ and know it's going to solve our Nexus trouble, that will be awesome.
Currently we're encoding to MPEG1 and the look is pretty bad but it get's the job done.

Thanks,

Eirik