PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with stretchy IK Chain

polypoly
11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Hello, I am trying to make a IK Chain of stretchy bones with Nulls that stretch and target the bones.
Iím using scripts like Muscle Bone or MusclerAfterIK (can not find RV_Tools, the site is out) for the stretching of the bones and Stretch Compensator to compensate the stretch in the child bones. The problem I get is that the first bone is stretching between the nulls nicely but the others inherit extra stretch that makes them move in proximity of the target nulls. This makes the setup not precise as I would like. Can somebody help
thanks

evenflcw
11-01-2007, 11:47 PM
It's kinda hard to know what is wrong just on by description (which necessarily isn't 100% accurate). Scene file would probably help. Used right I supppose Muscle Bone should work. I never used it myself, I set things up manually, but do you have the "Stretch Compensator" assigned to every other bone in the chain, no more and no less?

Dodgy
11-02-2007, 04:30 AM
Check this out. It uses MuscleBone on stretchy bones and expressions on the stretchy bone targets.

polypoly
11-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Nice Dodgy, that solves a couple of problems I had, thanks. ill try to dissect it carefully.