PDA

View Full Version : "Selection Sets" In Layout?

Giacomo99
10-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Hello-

Is there any way to designate a group of items (specifically, individual layers from disparate objects) in Layout so the group can be all selected at once?

Please advise.

faulknermano
10-31-2007, 11:19 PM
under Scene Editor > Favorites > Create Set...

SplineGod
11-01-2007, 01:30 AM
you can create selection sets in the old scene editor, the new scene editor and via the flyout panels. You can also group things by parenting items to nulls.
The nulls and their children can be selected at once.

Giacomo99
11-01-2007, 08:59 AM
You can also group things by parenting items to nulls.
The nulls and their children can be selected at once.

Actually, that's the exact problem--I have a mechanical assembly, several levels deep hierarchy-wise, that's rigged with null objects. The problem is that I have to open the entire hierarchy to select the objects I want (admittedly, I can just close the top level after I have the whole thing open, but it's still tedious.)

So, with all that said: in general, what exactly do I need to do to have the children select when I select the parent (null or otherwise)? Please advise.

SplineGod
11-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Again, create selection sets which you can do as you go.
In 9,3 if you right click on a null it will also select its children, same with bones.
You can also assign the LWSelect Group command to a hotkey. Select an item, hit your hotkey and it will select the children also.