PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Mouse Rotation

Meaty
07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Well... i have been using lightwave for over three years now and I have NEVER seen anything quite this strange.

When I rotate the VIEW in Modeler's perspective viewport, something strange happens... As I begin to rotate it, everything is fine, then i keep mouse moving at the same pace, and all of a sudden the viewport spins wildly.

It also seems to be happening in layout. When i rotate the camera, it feels like i have a 10 foot long stick hanging off the front of the camera with a weight on it. As I turn it, and stop turning it, it seems to want to 'slow down' instead of stop. Very strange feeling controls all of a sudden.

All other mouse functions seem to be working just fine. I checked my mouse properties and even turned off the accelerator feature in the mouse properties (not that it had even been remotely an issue in the past). Any ideas?

Wink2k SP3, LW 7.5c, microsoft optical explorer mouse

SLAYER
07-01-2003, 10:15 PM
Sounds like it could be a video card issue. Doubt it is anything within the software or Windows.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but you can get killer graphics cards these days, for quite cheap.

Also, you may want to check if there is a new driver for your card on its manufacturers website. Nvidia always has new drivers coming out (www.nvidia.com).

Depending on the card, some newer drivers will even have optimization settings for 3D programs, CAD programs, etc..

Meaty
07-02-2003, 07:33 AM
okey, thanks, i'll tinker around with my settings, thanks slayer