PDA

View Full Version : Halloween FantasyFX Steal of the day!

DiscreetFX
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
That's right, you read it correct for one day only DiscreetFX will allow you to steal FantasyFX from us. FantasyFX will be available as a downloadable ISO image for one day only, on Halloween! FantasyFX includes dragon's and monsters so it is an appropriate product for you to steal on this scary holiday. The following link will be active on Halloween for your enjoyment.

www.discreetfx.com/stealfantasyfx.html

All that we ask is that you don't spread the product, download it from our servers and enjoy it on your personal VT system or SpeedEDIT. Also, if you like our commercial digital video effects and want to see us produce more, please click the donate button and give what you feel is right. And if you please don't mind spread the word. Let your favorite video editing magazine, publication or web site know about our special offer to the NewTek community so it can be covered as a news item. It is very scary free fun deal after all.

Don't forget to download it because you have less than 24 hours, after Halloween this scary download will disappear.

FantasyFX ISO does not come with any documentation or support but they are digital video effects, just drag and drop them into your editing workflow and they work just like NewTek effects.

Product requires a installed VT or SpeedEDIT system to work.

:devil:

Best regards

DiscreetFX Team

Dodgy
10-31-2007, 04:15 AM
The link doesn't work?

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Link is now active and ISO upload is almost complete.

:devil:

Verlon
10-31-2007, 02:03 PM
still getting an error on the page, and no download link shows up.

Qexit
10-31-2007, 02:15 PM
As far as I can see, the web page is there but there is no link to a downloadable ISO just a message saying that the downloadable ISO file is available throughout 31st October/Halloween. The links to PayPal and 2Checkout are still working though :D

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 02:18 PM
We are working on fixing it now. We had problems with our Windows FTP program so we are uploading it via Mac OS X. It will not be much longer until everyone's Fantasy is fulfilled.

:)

inquisitive
10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
yeah, I do not see an ISO download either, just the freebie three effects. He made us look at his website at least ;)

Edit:
I see the status message posted while I was writing this one (and got distracted), yeah make sure you ftp it as a binary file, otherwise it will be corrupted.

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 02:33 PM
inquisitive, give it a shot now. The file is available and was uploaded as a binary. It should work great for everyone please enjoy and don't forget to spread the word and donate if you want to.

:thumbsup:

Also, please send us your e-mail address if you want to be informed of other exciting offers from DiscreetFX in the future. This Fantasy collection also works with TriCaster, TriCaster Pro and TriCaster Studio but shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

inquisitive
10-31-2007, 03:13 PM
looks like the site is not coming up? too many people trying to download it? or something else.

JamesCurtis
10-31-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, using firefox and no luck with it either. Just says "loading" when I click on the download link. It's been 5 minutes now and no luck!!!

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 03:29 PM
With Firefox, Right click and select Save Link As. You might have to try later if too many people are already downloading it. Based on the server logs I am looking at right now it is very busy.

JamesCurtis
10-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks Bill,

I'll try later, still not starting an actual DLoad save percentage.. I have a friend who has Speed Edit and a VT4, but doesn't do much net surfing to find stuff. I'm trying to get this as a favor for him - if you don't mind.

Verlon
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah....maybe I'll try a bit later....still not connecting. It sure LOOKS like fun though.

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 05:14 PM
We are getting tons of downloads and some downloads are timing out. To help out DiscreetFX will mail CD-ROM copies of FantasyFX to anyone that sends us an e-mail requesting it in the next 24 hours. We don't want you waiting around on our site forever to steal from us, that would not be fair.

DiscreetFX
11-06-2007, 04:48 PM
We hope everyone enjoyed the Halloween 2007 FantasyFX steal from DiscreetFX. The offer is now over, we left the ISO online until just now so that everyone could grab it. We are in the process of sending out CD-ROM's to everyone that requested them on Oct 31st, 2007.

DiscreetFX
11-22-2007, 09:08 PM
All CD-ROM's have now been sent out via USPS Media Mail. Expect yours in 1-2 weeks if you requested one because you had difficulty downloading the online ISO. One unexpected result of this Halloween offer was an Amiga Video Toaster Flyer customer that was on the fence bought SpeedEDIT for it's editing speed and power and to try out FantasyFX! A final surprise for everyone, one CD_ROM that was shipped has a black bottom. Check your CD when you get it, if you have the black one then contact DiscreetFX for one more product of your choice on us! It's a final lucky treat.

DiscreetFX
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Many of you keep asking if this collection of DVE's will return as a free product again and/or when we will offer other DVE collections for free. We are sorry to inform you that this was a one time good deal. We were experimenting with a donation model of giving away the product and allowing people to donate money for it. This experiment failed to bring in worthwhile donations so we will not give away effects in the future with the exception of 3-5 DVE's per collection for you to try.

We do want to thank everyone that did get a copy of FantasyFX and enjoyed it. Thank you for the kind words and suggestions on future products you need. Over 7000 copies of the ISO image was download from our site and we shipped out another 1000+ CD-ROM's to anyone that asked for one when our site crashed for 24-48 hours.