PDA

View Full Version : Halloween FantasyFX Steal of the day!

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 12:00 AM
That's right, you read it correct for one day only DiscreetFX will allow you to steal FantasyFX from us. FantasyFX will be available as a downloadable ISO image for one day only, on Halloween! FantasyFX includes dragon's and monsters so it is an appropriate product for you to steal on this scary holiday. The following link will be active on Halloween for your enjoyment.

www.discreetfx.com/stealfantasyfx.html

All that we ask is that you don't spread the product, download it from our servers and enjoy it on your personal VT system or SpeedEDIT. Also, if you like our commercial digital video effects and want to see us produce more, please click the donate button and give what you feel is right. And if you please don't mind spread the word. Let your favorite video editing magazine, publication or web site know about our special offer to the NewTek community so it can be covered as a news item. It is very scary free fun deal after all.

Don't forget to download it because you have less than 24 hours, after Halloween this scary download will disappear.

FantasyFX ISO does not come with any documentation or support but they are digital video effects, just drag and drop them into your editing workflow and they work just like NewTek effects.

Best regards

DiscreetFX Team

Verlon
10-31-2007, 12:35 AM
Thanks....when will the URL be active (it says it isn't now).

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Is it Halloween yet in California?

:devil:

Dennis Sladek
10-31-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi Bill,
It's not working yet for me and I'm in Chicago. ;)

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 02:43 AM
Effects require VT or SpeedEDIT from NewTek.

http://www.newtek.com/vt/

http://www.newtek.com/speededit/

Even if you don't yet have these cool NewTek products you might still want to collect FantasyFX so you can use it later when you get them.

Pete Draves
10-31-2007, 08:12 AM
your website is there...
but the download page seems to be missing.
We get a 404 not found error from
your server
Pete

Dennis Sladek
10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm still getting,

Not Found

Sorry, the requested URL /stealfantasyfx.html was not found on this server.

JackJ
10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Well, the page comes up now, but I don't see a download button for the free iso, its just the FantasyFX description page with the usual Buy buttons (unless its just the 3 free samples at the bottom?)

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 11:13 AM
It will be there very soon, over 50 effects. ISO is still uploading on our end.

Rich Deustachio
10-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Ya know this is Halloween not April 1st :)

Rich Deustachio
10-31-2007, 03:42 PM
The link is there now, THANKS!

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 03:47 PM
It should work great for everyone with SpeedEDIT & VT[x] please enjoy and don't forget to spread the word and donate if you want to.

Please send us your e-mail address if you want to be informed of other exciting offers from DiscreetFX in the future. This Fantasy collection also works with TriCaster, TriCaster Pro and TriCaster Studio but shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone.

Rich Deustachio
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
I really appreciate the free download, but your server must be getting hammered and it won't download.

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 04:46 PM
You will have to keep trying or try later, we are getting hammered right now. About 4000 downloads attempts/successes already.

Pete Draves
10-31-2007, 05:52 PM
getting this error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ISO/StealFantasyFX.iso on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Ben-SSL/1.57 Server at www.discreetfx.com Port 80

Pete

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 06:15 PM
We are getting tons of downloads and some downloads are timing out. To help out DiscreetFX will mail CD-ROM copies of FantasyFX to anyone that sends us an e-mail requesting it in the next 24 hours. We don't want you waiting around on our site forever to steal from us, that would not be fair.

:)

iainbyoung
10-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Does that offer include the UK, and if so, what is the email address (I can't see one on your website)?

I've been trying all evening, but not had any luck with the download here. Just keep getting the 134 error :(

Thanks,
Iain

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 07:31 PM
UK is fine, click Contact twice to get the e-mail addresses. It's a bug on the site.

Dennis Sladek
10-31-2007, 08:01 PM
I would be easier to leave the link up and let us get it at less busy time. Probably at least until morning.

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Dennis I will leave it up after midnight don't worry.

prospector
10-31-2007, 09:25 PM
I just keep getting a 'forbidden'

DiscreetFX
10-31-2007, 09:28 PM
prospector you might just want to e-mail us for the free FantasyFX snail mail offer. Our sever is still getting hammered I'm afraid. This was on Digg after all.

robewil
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Now the question is - how do we email you? There's no address on the forum and your site only has phone numbers if you press "Contact"

DiscreetFX
11-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Click contact twice, it's a bug. The new site will eliminate that issue.

Verlon
11-01-2007, 01:05 AM
I found an email list that listed YOU address, Bill. IS that the one? Because it is the one I used.

Thanks again....we really do appreciate the gift. Best Trick or Treat I can recall.

DiscreetFX
11-01-2007, 02:51 AM
That's right Verlon, no candy costs $69.95 does it?

:)

To help everyone we have copied the FantasyFX ISO to a backup FTP
Server and created a login account.

FTP: discreetfx.com

Login: fantasyfx

PW: stealdves

Please try and d/l it this way and let us know if it works.

Also, the main site is working fine now, maybe because it's so late.

www.discreetfx.com/stealfantasyfx.html

Thanks

inquisitive
11-01-2007, 03:08 AM
i guess you dont sleep?
unable to connect via ftp

Edit: its working now, i rather save you the shipping postage. Thank you

inquisitive
11-01-2007, 03:59 AM
well downloaded it and tried to burn it, got an error about the blocksize not corresponding to the image length, I ignored the error and burn anyways, created a coaster. Maybe my download was corrupted. Will await to see if others see what I see (I am using Nero's program)

iainbyoung
11-01-2007, 05:27 AM
I think I've managed to download it now, (won't be able to try burning it until I get home from work tonight). Did it first thing this morning while the USA was still asleep :)

Looking forward to trying the freebee. It's much appreciated...

Iain

rs402931
11-01-2007, 06:41 AM
Bill

Been trying for several hours now....can't even get to discreetfx.com.....says unavailable...So I can't even get your email address. Can't get to back-up site either

bet this great offer has caused you soooo many more headaches than you thought it would.

:bowdown:

Thanks
bob s

prospector
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Just checked and I think that's the same one I got when I ordered the now illfated NewsTek.

taylorpro
11-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I've tried to get the email address off the site but the site is still down. Can anyone send me the email by pm. Tried ftp and http no luck. Pete any luck on your end?

Pete Draves
11-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I did get an e mail in last night.
I also got a ftp download this morning but it was corrupt.
Bills site is way overloaded
Pete

iainbyoung
11-01-2007, 05:17 PM
well downloaded it and tried to burn it, got an error about the blocksize not corresponding to the image length, I ignored the error and burn anyways, created a coaster. Maybe my download was corrupted. Will await to see if others see what I see (I am using Nero's program)

I got the same error using Nero. In the end I opened the iso using WinISO, extracted the files to a directory, and burnt a new cd from that.

DiscreetFX
11-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I used Toast 08 on the OS X to make the ISO, maybe I should have used a Windows app. iainbyoung, did it work alright after you used WinISO?

iainbyoung
11-02-2007, 05:14 AM
Yes, WinISO managed to extract the files ok. I just extracted everything from the ISO into a directory, and burnt a new cd image from there.

I suspect that Toast has created an image with some sort of non-standard (in the windows sense) block size or something which is making Nero throw a wobbly.

DiscreetFX
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
These also work on TriCaster but shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell.

:thumbsup:

rbartlett
11-03-2007, 08:12 PM
After your successful download........

http://www.winimage.com/winimage.htm is shareware that is suitable for converting a OSX-Toast "ISO" into a regular ISO9660 format. It is fully featured for 30days. Apart from the registry/disk scum left by subsequently uninstalling it, I think this is a fairly innocuous process to run it past a download such as this one from Bill.

A number of the other methods I tested either maintained the same unreadability or the shareware license had an opening or saving restriction. Sometimes shareware is nearly useless for the one-off requirement. WinImage - it works but I couldn't say if it is worth buying a continued-use license for. I had hoped that Alcohol-120% mounting, Nero image-burner-to-image or VMWare ISO mounting would work, but no. I had already read that DaemonTools wouldn't work.

An ISO with these Roxio dependencies can be fixed the WinImage way and subsequently burned or mounted. Phew.......

The resultant ISO came out as 466,332KB : Size/size-on-disk 455 MB (477,523,968 bytes)

DiscreetFX
11-06-2007, 05:48 PM
We hope everyone enjoyed the Halloween 2007 FantasyFX steal from DiscreetFX. The offer is now over, we left the ISO online until just now so that everyone could grab it. We are in the process of sending out CD-ROM's to everyone that requested them on Oct 31st, 2007.

DiscreetFX
11-22-2007, 10:06 PM
All CD-ROM's have now been sent out via USPS Media Mail. Expect yours in 1-2 weeks if you requested one because you had difficulty downloading the online ISO. One unexpected result of this Halloween offer was an Amiga Video Toaster Flyer customer that was on the fence bought SpeedEDIT for it's editing speed and power and to try out FantasyFX! A final surprise for everyone, one CD_ROM that was shipped has a black bottom. Check your CD when you get it, if you have the black one then contact DiscreetFX for one more product of your choice on us! It's a final lucky treat.