PDA

View Full Version : quick help from someone

fineartist
10-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi there!
I dug up my old copy of Lightwave character animation by Tim Albee to refresh myself on rigging, animation, etc... and I came to the part where you can choose Hide Selected Items to make the model invisible when working with the bones. I CAN'T FIND IT! It is driving me nuts. I want to put it in the scene editor list to use but it's nowhere to be found. I am using 8.5 right now. Does anyone know where I can locate it?
Thanks!!

Jim

GATOR
10-30-2007, 08:52 AM
You mean "-"?

Steamthrower
10-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Funny, because it's the "delete" key on my Mac.

fineartist
10-30-2007, 01:48 PM
Yea, I know it should be the - symbol, but when I look at the shortcut key menu, it's not there, and I can't find the setting to put within the scene editor menu, so it's almost like the function dissappeared. If I hit the - key it does nothing. Is it perhaps named differently in 8.5? The Albee book is for version 7, possibly now it's something else?
Thanks for the help

4dartist
10-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Hum.. All i can say is go to the Configure hotkey menu and hit 'search' type in Hide Selected (or browse under selection) then click in the right window with the listed keys and press the - key. It should auto find the - key then hit Assign, and it will assign hide selected to that key. (assuming it's not assigned like stated in your post)

If you select some polys and hit - now and it doesn't hide the polys then i have no idea.

JeffrySG
10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I thought it was:

"-" hide selected
"=" hide unselected
"\" unhide
"|" hide-invert

on 9.3 they are all under the View tab > view buttons, not sure about 8.5 though. Maybe check your "edit menu layout" (edit menu) and do a search for them if you can't find them?

gfrederickk
11-03-2007, 10:57 PM
fineartist ----

Under your View tab, don't you have a View menu that includes:

-- Hide Selected
-- Hide Unselected
-- Hide Invert
-- Unhide

If you do, you can use the interface tabs to do your hiding. That would be slow and suck though.

Is it a question of your hotkeys not being set, or do you not have those tools at all?

fineartist
11-05-2007, 07:40 AM
I don't have the tools at all. I just got my Imac and installed fresh and it seems like a few things are missing. Should I just reinstall?

gfrederickk
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I would re-install

toby
11-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, I thought it was:

"-" hide selected
"=" hide unselected
"\" unhide
"|" hide-invert

on 9.3 they are all under the View tab > view buttons, not sure about 8.5 though. Maybe check your "edit menu layout" (edit menu) and do a search for them if you can't find them?
These are the correct commands in Modeler.
Fineartist mentioned the Scene Editor, which means he's in Layout.

There aren't any key-commands like that in Layout, unless you map them yourself. Most of us click on the visibility icon in the scene editor to hide things.