PDA

View Full Version : mo bettah bevel

Sam_Horton
10-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I do a lot of beveling and box modeling in Lightwave, and always run into an issue where I need to adjust something in 1 dimension on an arbitrary plane. I'm looking for something like the stretch tool that works on any axis not just the standard ones.

For instance, if the nubbin in the image below was sticking out at some obscure angle and I wanted to make it more "squarish", how would I go about doing that? The bevel tools are almost perfect since they work at at any angle, but they also inset in 2 dimensions instead of one so it sometimes isn't ideal...

Surrealist.
10-29-2007, 09:40 PM
One thing you can do is use the Segment Scale tool on the edge. That will scale the edge on it's own axis.

Another helpful tool is Translate Plus. There are many options on this one I find very handy.

Sam_Horton
10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow!

Segment scale... I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Thanks a bunch Surrealist

Lewis
10-30-2007, 07:15 AM
also try "Point normal move" if you need to scale or something at weird angle wher enormal action centers wont work well.

Dan_NT
10-30-2007, 08:21 AM
If you don't plan on animating it you can also go to Map > Weight and use the tools Set, Inc & Dec Sharpness. This adjusts weight maps however but can help out if you're just working with stills like I often do. It's effective on points, edges and polys.