PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Bump

Caveboy
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Have you seen this software?!

It is so easy to use and generate normal maps with. It would be great if Newtek bought this programmer's talent and program.

(Autodesk seems to be busy aquiring new technology. They have recently acquired Mudbox, and cMuscle System.)

I bet Autodesk goes for it.

www.crazybump.com

RedBull
10-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Yes it's handy software, it's nothing really cutting edge though..
Many normal map creation software programs exist, even Nvidia have a Photoshop plugin, the technology is quite well known, and been around for sometime.

LW can load Normal maps, and i think Denis has a node to convert bump to normal, but LW cannot render or bake normal maps, but it shouldn't be such a hard thing to achieve for NT really.

I'd be willing to bet Autodesk aren't interested in that one really... ;)

Caveboy
10-30-2007, 12:47 AM
We just started using at work. I work for an Activision Studio and it is a relatively newly adopted tool that is recommended. Even in its Beta stage.

It saves time and enables us to generate good normal maps from images - without having to create the hi-res source that is generally used to generate good normal maps.

The normal maps have a depth to them. The photoshop plugin is very limited and comes nowhere near this tool.

If you haven't tried this software, I highly recommend it.:thumbsup:

Boris Goreta
10-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Yes, this software is great !

Ztreem
10-30-2007, 08:40 AM
but LW cannot render or bake normal maps, but it shouldn't be such a hard thing to achieve for NT really.

Yes it can. It can do objectspace normalmaps without plugins and denis have a plugin to do tangentspace normal maps as well. Baking camera for baking. :thumbsup: