PDA

View Full Version : Tech questions about vt-5

joelbialek
10-29-2007, 08:49 AM
In the VT[5]'s press release a few things were mentioned that caught my attention.

1. DDR's with alpha channel support.
Does this mean that avi's with alpha's are supported now, or is it just still files again?

2. Extended format support (ex. Quicktime)
Does this mean that we can record QT files yet from the switcher, or does this only apply to SpeedEdit?

3. No mention of iVGA utility updates.
Has iVGA been updated for VT[5]? i.e. lower latency, no dropped or torn fields...

We would love to take advantage of upgrade pricing, but need to know if these things are in place or not.

Thanks ahead of time.

Joel

Matt Drabick
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
1. DDR's with alpha channel support.
Does this mean that avisís with alpha's are supported now, or is it just still files again?

Always had this feature

2. Extended format support (ex. Quicktime)
Does this mean that we can record QT files yet from the switcher, or does this only apply to SpeedEdit?

Yes can be recorded using capture panel from switcher

3. No mention of iVGA utility updates.
Has iVGA been updated for VT[5]? i.e. lower latency, no dropped or torn fields...

Must be your network, no known issues with iVGA.

Please note I am a NewTek dealer . . . I will be happy to answer any other questions you may have about VT[5]!

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems (NewTek dealer)
Raleigh, NC
919-790-5488

Thalek
10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
[chuckle] I don't suppose you've heard (and are allowed to say) when VT[5] is expected to be released?

Paul Lara
10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
[chuckle]I don't suppose you've heard (and are allowed to say) when VT[5] is expected to be released?

It's imminent. :D

Thalek
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
And when an eminent member of NewTek says "It's imminent", it's imminent. [grin]

SBowie
10-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Are you suggesting we have to start referring to Paul as "his Imminence"?

Pete Draves
10-31-2007, 11:26 AM
If you look at paul's avatar, he has no eyes.
He has to get his "i's" in print.
Pete

SBowie
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Looks a bit like he's been assimilated, now you mention it!

georgew
11-12-2007, 10:11 AM
[chuckle] I don't suppose you've heard (and are allowed to say) when VT[5] is expected to be released?

I got my vt5 upgrade a few days ago!

Thalek
11-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes, the joke was on me: they made the announcement they were shipping later that very same day. [grin]

kleima
11-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Joel,

There should be no symptoms such as you describe from iVGA (even in VT[4]). You must have a problem with your setup, because we have used in with VT[4] & [5] and it looks great! Make sure you are using a switch and not a hub for your ethernet interface. (Or a crossover cable direct.) If you still have problems, it is probably related to the speed of the computer with the iVGA client. If you connect a capable computer the problem should disappear. I did have the symptoms you describe when I was trying to use an underpowered machine for the PP, but they went away with more powerful machines. Mostly it is related to the graphics card's ability, I think.

edmellnik
11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if you can use TMGE to render project files in VT5?

ed

SBowie
11-15-2007, 02:10 PM
There is a plugin providing direct support for version 2.5, Ed - not sure about more recent versions of Tsunami tough. There are a few recent threads on this topic, a quick search should provide an answer. :)