PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave/DFX+ Backordered Until When?

ChrisS
07-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Well, we placed an order for the LightWave DFX+ bundle with Safe Harbor yesterday. The guy on the phone had said they had them in stock and it was all good. After calling them today to get shipping confirmation we were told that they weren't in stock, and that they had no idea when they'd get more (and apparently the guy admitted he had no idea why he told us that they were in stock).

So now I guess I wait until they get some in stock. At this point there's no other recourse as the deal has ended.

Can Chuck or anybody give us an indication as to when we might see backorders filled?

Thanks,
Chris

3deeelite
07-01-2003, 07:26 PM
Same thing happened to me! I wanted to support the same authorized NewTek dealer that I have for the last 10+ years by placing my order with Safe Harbor. Over the past they have been a valuable asset to the NewTek community.

I placed my order on Monday and have not received any form of email confirmation on Tuesday. I will call on Wednesday & try to cancel my order if Safe Harbor has not already done that themselves.

If Chuck could keep the offer open thru Wednesday so the Safe Harbor customers can find out the status of their orders, that would be appreciated.

Michael

Wade
07-01-2003, 08:23 PM
I ordered from Newtek directly and was told that it would be at weeks end before they were re-stocked, and shipping again. Seems they have also extended the deal a few hours or day or so. I am glad they sold-out what they had on hand as Lightwave is my choice of tools for now and the more upgrades sold the more they have to work with to inprove the product next go-round. As far as DXF+ well that's Just fine with me if it takes a week or so as I am too busy to sleep as I am makeing bank with the LW.

Chuck
07-02-2003, 06:53 AM
Status is simple - All orders that folks have placed for the LW/DFX+ offer will be filled. If that's what you ordered, that's what we'll fulfill, and absolutely as quickly as we can. That's always been the case, and I'm sure the good folks at Safe Harbor understand this, if the particular representative you spoke to may not have had immediate information on when we'd be able to get them your product. Not sure why you want to cancel the order if there is a delay in shipping while we await stock from eyeon, if you'd just be planning to re-order if we offered an extension.

ChrisS
07-02-2003, 07:22 AM
Thanks Chuck.
I tend to be a pretty loyal person. I started with LightWave 5.0 and have never looked back or been left wanting. I've always been very happy with not only NewTek's products, but what seems to be a genuinely friendly, customer-focused attitude, so I was hardly worried whether NewTek would make good. I'm sure they were inundated with last-minute orders just like mine.

I've ordered the majority of my 3D/video items from Safe Harbor as when I started, there wasn't much in the way of online/direct sales and I have always received good service from them. I was just a little disappointed being told that it was in stock, but had to call them back to find out that it, in fact, was not. (And frankly, hearing everybody talking about receiving theirs has gotten me a little anxious) :) I wasn't really looking to cancel myself. I'm sure it was a simple communication error. I was just looking for some kind of time frame other than, "no idea when."

Either way, I've got my new computer set up at home, with a nice fresh OS install ready for my new copy of LightWave. Can't wait!

js33
07-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Chuck,

Are there any plans to extend the DFX offer for registered LWers?

Cheers,
JS

Dodgy
07-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Just got my dfx+ today. Be aware it ships with a parallel port dongle, so you usb only people will have to contact eyeonline to get it exchanged.

I was a registered LW owner, the Dfx+ offer is open to us if we preorder LW8 now.

js33
07-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Hi Dodgy,

I thought the offer expired on June 30th?
If no, where can it be ordered now?
Here on Newtek's site the offer went back up to $4995.

Cheers,
JS

Dodgy
07-08-2003, 04:04 AM
Oops, I got my order in before then....

Sorry...

Wade
07-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Mine arrived today:)