PDA

View Full Version : Man this is getting REALLY ANNOYING

toby
10-29-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm really tired of saving new objects or scenes... and not being able to find them again, because UB puts them anywhere but in the content directory that I've set. Objects get saved in the Scenes folder. Or maybe in my Downloads folder. Scenes get saved on the Desktop. Or in the Objects folder.

Has this been discussed already?

4dartist
10-29-2007, 08:19 AM
That's been happening to me in the public 9.3 release. Somehow i always seem to catch it in the back of my mind as i hit ok and the dialog goes away, then i hit save again to check and it's in the wrong spot so i manage to save it again in the right spot. But on occasion i'm like where is my scene-v03.lws i swear i was on 3... hum... oh on the desktop.. that sux.

I think it is defaulting to your last location you loaded anything from. I often save motion curves to the desktop because after i load them i never need them again, and it's quick to get to the desktop. But then when saving i often get desktop as default location for scene save. Frame output location defaults to my scene save location a lot too.