PDA

View Full Version : Co-op sketch/digital

John Perkins
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, here's my wife's lizard/dinosaur/dragon from yesterday.

I'm trying my hand at coloring and adding detail in Aura, but it's not very far along yet. I'm still blocking in the color and cleaning up the rather coarse scan.

It's an exercise to pull me out of the programming side of my brain for a while and help me figure out what Aura is in need of.

If nothing else I have learned that I need a new scanner and a tablet. ;)

John

bluerider
10-28-2007, 04:48 PM
John,
I love the dragon, the drawing is sweet. Tell your wife to post more sketches, very inspiring.

I have a technique you can do through Aura with scanned in images I'll have to show you. I think you'll enjoy it. Basically you use the raw imaged you scanned in then massage the pixels with the smudge tool in Aura then apply just to base color with about 20 percent opacity.

If you have a tablet, tomorrow I could show you. If you don't have a tablet I know where to hunt one down :hey: .

loki74
11-08-2007, 01:06 AM
mmm.... yes that lineart is not very ideal for "cg"-ing...

If you want to maintain the values of the original sketch (so you don't have to worry about cleaning it up) you could use the inverted scan as a layer mask for a layer of solid black, or use a darkening blend mode such as "multiply."

Not sure if that really applies to Aura, but that's how I do it in PS anyway...

John Perkins
11-08-2007, 09:56 AM
That's a really good suggestion, thanks.

Now if I can just get a little free time again :(