PDA

View Full Version : LW config location change

Igu4n4
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Hey all,.. I apologize if this is blatently obvious, but I've done quite a bit of searching and can't seem to resolve this problem.

We've just picked up the Deadline Network Render manager, and I'm in the process of setting it up with LW.

I'm having some problems with nodes picking up the config files. I'm running lightwave with the argument -c//IGUANA-DEN/lw-configs (being the network machine/folder where the configs are to go. I removed all the existing configs, ran lightwave, and then quit, assuming it would write a fresh set of configs in this directory. Yet nothing is being written there, only in the default location.. c:/documents and settings/user

I don't want to make that default directory a share, that is why I am trying to point everything at the lw-configs folder.

Deadline apparently doesn't use the conventional screamernet approach so I'm running into a problem.

I can get all the files to Deadline, and have it render them, but it isn't saving anything, and I'm assuming it's due to the fact it isn't reading the config files (and plugin locations within).

Anyone able to help? and give me the exact syntax I need to use to get LW to read/write to the networked config directory I'm trying to point at?

Steve.
www.iguana-den.com

BeeVee
10-29-2007, 02:46 AM
For using UNC pathnames, don't you need backslashes, rather than forward slashes?

B