PDA

View Full Version : background to Morph

10-26-2007, 08:53 AM
I am trying to get some objects to morph from one formation to another, to another. Using a Morph map, I can get one transition with no problem. However, I was hoping to be able to use "Bkg to Morph" in the hopes I could make multiple layers in Modeler with different formations and "Bkg to Morph" morph maps and then use sliders to move between them in Layout. Is this how "Bkg to Morph" works?

Or do I need to make multiple Objects in Modeler and do one morph at a time and line them up back to back in Layout?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Kuhndog

Surrealist.
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
That tool is designed so that if you have the same exact object in a BG that is a morph target of the original you can convert this to the object's own morph map so that morphs that were once multiple objects can now be one. Of course it comes in handy for other things too.

There are two methods for morphing multiple objects or poses:

1) Multi Target/Single Envelope using multiple objects.

Here is a tutorial on creating a flock of birds (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Tutorials/animation/flocking_birds/flocking_birds.pdf) that describes this very well.

2) Morph Mixer. For this you use morphs that are embedded in the object using a morph map.