PDA

View Full Version : How To Center Bones!!!

LionHeart
10-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Greetings everyone :)

How do you center the bones in each body part? When i animate it dousent go straight like i want. Lets say i want to move the arm straight up, it always goes a little to one of the sides.

Do i just need to place the bones as close to center as possible?

Is there an easier way to center them?

Also, how do you lock a bone?

hrgiger
10-27-2007, 01:02 PM
As far as centering them, do you mean to say that the rotation handles aren't straight up and down and when you raise the arm, it goes off to one side. It sounds like you need to use bone twist on it to align the axis. At least, that sounds like what you are trying to say. You may want to show a screen grab or post a model/scene file.

hrgiger
10-27-2007, 01:07 PM
By the way, you can lock a bone in the scene editor by clicking next to that item under the lock icon.

LionHeart
10-27-2007, 05:03 PM
As far as centering them, do you mean to say that the rotation handles aren't straight up and down and when you raise the arm, it goes off to one side. It sounds like you need to use bone twist on it to align the axis. At least, that sounds like what you are trying to say. You may want to show a screen grab or post a model/scene file.
Thats exactly what i mean, also how to center the bones at 0.0 inside the specific part where the bone is, if thats even possible?

Mr Big
10-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Build your character around the center, this way you can use symmetry when modelling.
Your character will be symmetrical, & placing the bones is as simple as changing the view.

LionHeart
10-28-2007, 05:07 AM
Build your character around the center, this way you can use symmetry when modelling.
Your character will be symmetrical, & placing the bones is as simple as changing the view.
Thank you, i will try :)

What about the rotation, how do i center the axis?

Surrealist.
10-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Use the X y Z views to line it up, Hit D while in Layout and choose quad view in the Viewport Layout.