PDA

View Full Version : DDR1 is not "auto-playing", but DDR2 is

brians0105
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi all,

A school that I setup with a VT4 is having a new issue... and I can't seem to fix it. I am only able to remotely access the computer at the moment via LogMeIn so I haven't been able to look at the computer in person yet.

The problem is that DDR1 will not automatically play when it is transitioned to... or cut to. DDR2 plays fine when they go to it. We put each DDR into "play/pause" mode and then when we dissolve to them, they automatically play. The in/out points are set correctly on the clips and everything looks fine to me.

The strange part is that if I add a DDR3 and/or DDR4, 3 and 3 also DO NOT play when transitioned to... when we dissolve to them, they just sit on the first frame of video... so the only DDR that is workign correctly is DDR2. Hopefully I am missing something very basic.

I tried closing all modules and resetting everything, but nothing seems to work.

In a moment, I will post a reply with a video capture of the screen to show you what the VT is doing. Stand by

Thanks

Brian!

brians0105
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Here is the video clip that I am referring to: http://www.brianscheffler.com/ddr_problem.wmv

In the above video, I do the following:
Set DDR1 and DDR2 in Play/Pause Mode
Black Online
Take DDR2 and DDR2 begins playing
Take black
Take to DDR1 and DDR1 stays on first frame

DougCuster
10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Brian... looks like you have the "Cue In" button (to the right of the Play/Pause) on DDR1 not turned on. Turn it "On" and your video will play when you take it. Also if you want to automatically transition back to whatever is in the Preview bus once the video is over, turn on the "Cue Out".

Cineman
10-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes Brian, under your scenario last described that is exactly what should happen. You set DDR 2 last so your DDR focus is set to that. You can change the focus through the two button keyboard shortcut or by clicking on it. To me the best policy is to only set the next DDR to be used to Cue and Pause.

Nes Gurley

brians0105
10-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Thanks Doug! I knew it was something simple... and I probably would have figured that out if I weren't using a low-resoluatin LogMeIn.

Now that I'm embarassed, I'll go back to work :-)

Thanks

Brian