PDA

View Full Version : Question about endomorps.

Etch
10-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I recently completed my first half decent character in lightwave. And while I'm pretty happy with the results, there are still a few problems.

If you notice around the hand area especially there is some geometry totally out of wack, I figured the best way would be to use some morphs on the fingers so I get exactly the shape and functionality I want. Only problem is, I don't know how to use endomorphs in layout, I searched for a long time the other night but couldn't get things worked out.

Thanks for the help! If you see anything that I really need to work on or could just improve, please let me know. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

prospector
10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
under object properties>deform>add displacement>morphmixer
doubleclick to open panel
there are your morphs
set frame you want morph to happen, set slider to 100%
set frame you want morph to start and end and set slider to 0%

there ya go

Sensei
10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Open Object Properties window then Displacement then pick up Morph Mixer..

To be honest, I don't think so Endomorphs will help you - they are for f.e. animating face and other things where points are transformed.. It is no magic that will fix your object, if it's inproperly modeled in the first place..

I think so you should sub-divide hand area and make another edge loop in fingers and offset them a bit to give them more cylindrical shape..

Etch
10-25-2007, 03:53 PM
The problem isn't so much the way its modeled as it is the bones I put in the hand are grabbing more geometry than I would like them too.

I could just continue using weight maps and such but for my purposes having a slider to choose somethings motions would be very, very helpful.

Bog
10-26-2007, 04:06 AM
If your blending bones and endomorphs, you have to be rather careful about using weights to restrict bone influences, and also your deformation and division orders - the contents of the def. order dropdown should be reasonably self-explanatory. I'd go into more detail, but I've got to run out in a minute... I'll go into more detail later if nobody else has ;)

Etch
10-26-2007, 01:36 PM
If your blending bones and endomorphs, you have to be rather careful about using weights to restrict bone influences, and also your deformation and division orders - the contents of the def. order dropdown should be reasonably self-explanatory. I'd go into more detail, but I've got to run out in a minute... I'll go into more detail later if nobody else has ;)

Thanks for the reply, I tried out my idea and it seems the morphs didn't work quite the way I had expected them too, so I'm going to listen to Sensei and drop the whole idea.

I think the main problem with the hands was that I built a glove type thing which you can't see and but it underneath the actual gauntlet. When applying weight maps and such I think I accidentally selected both pieces thus deforming the gauntlet when the finger bones move.

Thanks for the help :)