PDA

View Full Version : Deforming Bounce target ?

07-01-2003, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to set up a sequence of a life sized statue 'rising' out of a lake as the water level receeds.
I've managed to get the (single poly with lots of maps from a photo session of a maquette) statue rising and dripping beautifully ( although for a while he seemed to be squeezing an everlasting bath sponge ), and the water beneath has a high poly area he rises out of that is deformed by the usual ripple textures etc.
But I would like the drops to bounce off the water a bit - I don't need complex splashes, but I do need the bounce to be off the water surface, which is moving by a good 150mm .
I've tried a small area version of the water as a bounce object, but as soon as I apply the deformation to it it stops working as a colision object - a few particles sort of hang around at zero altitude, but nothing bounces.
Any ideas ?

uberslayer™
07-01-2003, 05:01 PM
This thread might help you. http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1181

07-02-2003, 04:04 AM
Had a good through that link - great for auto-adding footsteps to a surface using MD.
Unfortunately I'm trying to get particles to bounce off a map-deformed surface - slightly different problem I'm afraid.