PDA

View Full Version : weird transparency issue

Jockomo
10-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I have a surface that I want to look like a column of water, and I want to see hypervoxels inside of it. No problem there, just turn on "ray trace transparency" right?

Well not so fast, for some reason when I do that, it shows right through all of the other objects behind that surface, all the way through to my background colors. Even the alpha shows the hole.

Any idea why it's doing this? Below is a screenshot
In the middle, open gl port, you can see how it is supposed to look. You can see the back side of the pipe and the holes in it.
To the left is my F9 render, you can see the background colors all the way through a number of objects that are behind it.
To the right you can see that the surface has been reduced to very simple settings.
It only happens when ray traced transparency is selected, it renders fine whe it is not (but of course then I can't see my hypervoxel bubbles inside the pipe.

Jockomo
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Well for what it's worth, the problem seems to have been associated with the scene file. I loaded the objects into a new scene and it's working fine now.

I guess the scene got corrupted somehow.