PDA

View Full Version : double surfacing help...

duellestyle
10-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone,
some months ago, I looked a video showing the power of the node giving 2 different surface to a not air object. Do you remeber hou to do it?
cus I don't want to duplicate the object just to make a inside surface.

Thanks

Exception
10-24-2007, 08:16 PM
What version of Lw are you using?
If you're using 9.3, an air object is no longer necessary unless you use the sigma node. for all other surfaces, keep double sided unchecked, and it should refract properly.
9.3 introduced the awesome volume stack.

sammael
10-24-2007, 09:48 PM
for all other surfaces, keep double sided unchecked, and it should refract properly.
9.3 introduced the awesome volume stack.

Exception do you mean keep double turned on or off? & if off does this include the older nodes like kappa and omega? sorry if its all in the help but I didnt bother to read it yet. Its amazing how fast one can loose touch... I realy must install 9.3 and try to get back up to speed.

DogBoy
10-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Neverko: I vaguely remember Sigma I isn't VStackable, but I maybe wrong on that.

duellestyle
10-25-2007, 08:24 AM
yeah thx Nervko!!!
sorry if I didn't explain well my problem, I thought to use the uncorrect word "airpoly". Than to everyone anyways!

Exception
10-25-2007, 12:50 PM
Ok, well, he mentioned an 'air' object...

Duellestyle, if you are just looking for a way to have an the refraction function correctly without air polys, with lw 9.3 you do not need to do this trick anymore.

duellestyle
10-25-2007, 03:16 PM
oh thx!
I know, anyway I've the 9.3 version. I just forgot how to put 2 different surface per side.
Becouse I'm italian I wasn't able to get the right words to explain my problem, anyway fortunally Neverko got my thought!

On my last job, I'm using particle...LW it's very poor about particle, I'll open a neew thread for this also cus I found a bug with hypervoxel and lw 9.3!

thanks everyone