PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where to find this model?

MysteryMonkey
10-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm trying to find if this specific LWO model is out there somewhere for download? Does anyone recognize it? Is it on a book CD, tutorial or on the internet somewhere? If you know please let me know.

Thanks,

M.Monkey

sirius156
10-25-2007, 04:00 AM
ninja.lwo orsomething like this in the content of 9.2…

MysteryMonkey
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
ninja.lwo orsomething like this in the content of 9.2

Thank you Sirius. It is indeed in the content files. That answers my question concerning a claim of originality for that figure. That has been a big help.

M.Monkey

gjjackson
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Hmm from KC eh, Mystery Monkey. Olathe here

MysteryMonkey
12-19-2007, 09:36 AM
. . . Does anyone recognize it?

OK, so I'm back again trying to track down where a second model came from. It may have been a 3DS model originally converted to a LWO. I'd like to find out who made it and where it originated if possible. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks

MM

Steamthrower
12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I think I've seen something like that on TurboSquid before. Maybe one of those low-poly game models or something. You could take a look by searching for the free ones. If someone is swiping models and claiming them for themselves, then they definitely grabbed a free one.

MysteryMonkey
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I think I've seen something like that on TurboSquid before. Maybe one of those low-poly game models or something. You could take a look by searching for the free ones. If someone is swiping models and claiming them for themselves, then they definitely grabbed a free one.

Thanks for the idea inigo. Unfortunately I have now scanned through all 3,333 free models listed at Turbosquid but didn't come up with a match. The hunt continues.

M.Monkey

Steamthrower
12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Man, I know what you're going through. Ain't it a pity that people are such jerks?

Here is a page that has a link to lots of free sites: http://www.3dlinks.com/objects_free.cfm

I'm sure you don't want to browse through all of them, but a few of the more popular ones might be worth your time.

MysteryMonkey
12-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Man, I know what you're going through. Ain't it a pity that people are such jerks? . . .

inigo,

I'm in complete agreement with you. I think that the topic of how to prevent plagiarism deserves input from others so I started a new thread here:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=634283#post634283

Anyone interested in that please go over there and put in your 2 cents worth.

M.Monkey