PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels as Objects

10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Does anybody know if I can use objects as hypervoxels...or in place of Hypervoxels? I am wanting to have coins morph into the shape or outline of a church...a very simple outline. I was hoping to use Hypervoxels and a morph target to move the coins into the object.

Is Hypervoxels a good way yo accomplish this or is there a better way any one knows of? The basic idea is to have coins (quarters) to change from one shape to another. From a church to the world and so on, 3 or 4 times.

I attached a shot of My Modeler points for the church outline. Thanks for any hints/tips!

-Kuhndog

SplineGod
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I have a DVD at KURV that shows some techniques for accomplishing this very thing. Heres an example of a bunch of cubes forming one shape morphing into aother shape.
http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/box-ball.mov

Heres the DVD
http://www.kurvstudios.com/lightwave/displacements_II.php

Sande
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Hmmh, that cube to ball-anim is strangely hypnotic. Nice! :)

SplineGod
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks! The whole thing is done with a couple of endomorphs. :)

10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Those Cubes can be changed to any object as well as transformed into any shape couldn't they? I have a coin Object already made and it is the one I need to use. Also, can the transition be made without the jittering and blurring? I am wanting the transitions to kind of "hang" or stall a little between transitions. Sorry for the questions but I will get the DVD if these are possible.

I really wanted to have a pile of coins fall to the ground and then transform but I am about to give up on that. I have one coin falling and then if I can just get a lot of coins from off camera to morph into shapes, I will be more than happy.

Thanks!
Kuhndog

SplineGod
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
The cubes could be any object with any shape. The jittering is something I added in with a 2nd endomorph and motion blur.
What do you plan on having the coins transform into once they fall?

10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
After they fall to the ground, I would like them to morph into the shape of a church (In the first post of this thread, I put a Modeler screen grab of the church shape). It is a very simple shape. Just 2D, then after some camera angle changes, I would like them to change into a world (Again, a simple 2D world) then into one last thing I am not sure of yet. My other concern is having too many coins for certain builds or needing more for others, I think I can work around that if there is no way to add and or discard coins throughout the animation.

It's really a pretty simple animation as far as the look goes, just complicated in the creation of it. I am hoping to figure out how to automate this for future use. I built one in Boris Red but I have to keyframe every movement of EVERY coin. I am hoping LW can help me automate some of this.

I have a decent single coin falling using Hard FX. Now getting the morphing going is a totally new beast.

-Kuhndog

SplineGod
10-22-2007, 01:36 PM
You can get the coins to fall and then change into the shape of the church but would be doable when using a couple of different techniques.

10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Do you know of any tutorials or wold the training DVD you mentioned get me to that point?

-Kuhndog

SplineGod
10-22-2007, 03:10 PM
The DVD covers methods that would definately help you and that Ive never seen in any free tutorials online. KURV also has support forums if you need to ask more specific questions . :)