PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet UB

ramccombe
10-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi gang, I had the regular PPC version of ScreamerNet (LWSN) working with no problems. I finally got the UB version of ScreamerNet working on my little home network with one problem, the host saves the files properly (on the host) but the nodes report "Error: The RGB Output directory specified does not exist, no image saved". All communication and talkback appears normal. LightWaves Network Renderer sees all the nodes. They all load and render but nodes don't save. I cannot figure this out. Of course the path on the nodes have a slightly different address with the addition of the rest of the nodes address to the beginning of the path to the host but the info regarding where to save the files is contained within the .lws file (which is contained in the command line). If I change the scene file with a text editor to include the full path, the scene won't start rendering until I select a new location (Prompted by Layout) which puts me back to square one. What am I missing.

Thanx Richard:twak:

Scazzino
10-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Sounds like a bad output path on the remote nodes for whatever reason. One thing to try is see if you can render the same scene on one of the remote nodes in Layout itself with the same output directory...

Mr. Black
10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I had the exact same problem with my small farm here. One thing that worked was creating a volume on the host machine (using Disk Utility) to receive the rendered files. Something about the easier pathway.. Dunno I just know that it works so I try not to think too deeply on it. I'm superstitious.
This is the command line:

/Volumes/Macintosh\\ HD/Applications/LightWave3D\\ 9/ScreamerNet -2 -d/Volumes/jackrobinson/Desktop/RenderMe /Volumes/jackrobinson/Desktop/RenderMe/job1 /Volumes/jackrobinson/Desktop/RenderMe/ack1"

Cheers
Jeff

ramccombe
10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi Mr. Black, sounds to me like your onto what I was pointing out. So if I partition the host drive, the non boot portion of that disc starts with /volumes/... Is that correct? It seems to me that if that's the case it should work. Is it possible to create a partition on 10.4.10 without having to do a system install?

Thanx Richard:jam:

Mr. Black
10-24-2007, 01:58 PM
indeed. I am using the same os. In "Disk Utility" you tell it to make a disk image. In my case a 10gig volume seemed big enough. Remember to connect to that volume on your node as well as the host volume.
Cheers
Jeff

ramccombe
10-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Mr. Black, I remembered my G4 had a spare drive so I ran the system from there instead of my laptop and everything works great. I even wrote a few Apple scripts to launch each node. I forgot all about making a disc image. Thanx for the heads up. I made a disc image, mounted it and all is well again. Thanx again. Also I don't know if you know but for me my typing sucks so I just open a terminal and a Finder window, navigate to what ever file you want and drag it onto the terminal window and the path is written for you. With just a few key strokes you can write the whole command line, anyway thanx again for all the help. Happy Wavin!!!
Richard:jam: