PDA

View Full Version : Amleto 3.0 Released

garg
10-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Finally thanks to the big help offered by the beta testers Amleto 3 is here... and is ready to be used.

http://www.nodalideas.com/amleto/index.html

Amleto 3.0 is a free upgrade for any of our existing Amleto customers. For the people which doesn't know it yet, we offer a free 14 days demo, which then convert itself into a free 3 node / feature limited version.

The strong points of Amleto over the other network rendering tools is it's easy to use and setup. Basically you should be able to setup Amleto and start rendering within 5 min (even less in most cases).

Now for the bad news, this is a windows .NET 2.0 only software. Our knowledge of the Mac world are too small to offer a real solution for Mac OSX.

Wonderpup
10-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi garg,

There's a typo on your link page- "You do not need to know mush about networks,"

I suppose you could say that Amleto is so easy to set up it won't turn your brain to mush:D

eagleeyed
10-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Just saying to everyone, I do highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to do network rendering. Personally when I first tried it I was absolutely amazed at how easy it was. After working with Screamernet this seemed like a miracle. Even just try the demo, you will immediately find out what I mean.

Phil
10-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Is Mono an option, rather than .NET itself? If so, you can have compatibility with non-Windows systems.

garg
10-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Phil: Well I didn't tried with mono, but from my own knowledge of mono (for another project) I have some doubt it will support all the required features.

Wonderpup: Thanks for the report... I fixed the typo :-)

scratch33
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Just saying to everyone, I do highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to do network rendering. Personally when I first tried it I was absolutely amazed at how easy it was. After working with Screamernet this seemed like a miracle. Even just try the demo, you will immediately find out what I mean.

Same here. Amazing.:thumbsup:

dballesg
10-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes,

Thanks here as well for such wonderful network render manager!!!!!!

David

garg
10-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks for all your support guys! I hope we will please as well some more LW users.

-EsHrA-
10-22-2007, 02:33 AM
sorry for the daft question...

do i need to install .NET2.0 on all clients or only server?

mlon

animotion
10-22-2007, 11:32 PM
I just downloaded the trial version of amleto 3 onto a 64 bit windows xp pro system. I am getting errors when trying to run it. It looks like it is trying to load the 32 bit LWEXT9.CFG file which I don't have, My system is 64 bit so the config file it should be loading is LWEXT9-64.CFG.

It does not matter if I choose the proper location it still wants the 32 bit version.

I thought the 32 and 64 bit versions were in the same install, Is this true.

Ember
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Is Mono an option, rather than .NET itself? If so, you can have compatibility with non-Windows systems.

As far as I know, Mono doesn't support .NET 2.0 completely. Thus I'm very sceptic about Amleto working on Mono. And I'm not sure how they programmed Amleto, but even one single line of windows-only code (such as registry editing etc) and it won't run on any other platform than windows...

Amleto is looking really nice. BTW, I just *love* .NET when it comes to programming :)