PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard shortcuts

sandman300
10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for rotating the perspective view? Just like the arrow keys will pan the viewport and the , and . will zoom in and out. Any ideas? Newtek?

iconoclasty
10-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't think so. The commands you referenced are all unidirectional, whereas rotating the perspective is a bit more arbitrary.

Surrealist.
10-19-2007, 01:24 PM
The only ones I know include a mouse click but they are pretty handy. You probably know about these already but here they are just in case.

Alt LMB Rotate.

Alt Ctrl LMB Zoom.

Alt Shift Pan.

I never use the other shortcuts because these seem more intuitive and fast to me.

sandman300
10-19-2007, 02:49 PM
Surrealist, Yeah, I know those. I was looking for purely keyboard combos. The reason being is that Logitech is making a 3d navigator similar to the Space Navigator. It's called the NuLooQ. The nice thing about it is all the functions (at least this is what I believe) are programable. I just haven't been able to find a key combo that does the rotate viewport. I'm not even going to think about buying it unless I'm confident that It will do what I want.

Surrealist.
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Got it. Wonder if there is a way to figure that out. Good luck with it and let us know how you like it if you get it. :)

sandman300
10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks, If I don't find anything by Monday, I'm gonna try Tech support. Maby it could be done with an Lscript...?

iconoclasty
10-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Maybe you could program it to do an "alt-click-drag left" type of combo? But probably not, Logitech isn't ussually good about giving you much flexibility with programming.

Is that NuLOOQ (stupid name by the way) as funcional as other navigators? Something about the product demo made me think it didn't have full 6 axis control. And it's not like its particularly cheap, but it probably is more programmable.

iconoclasty
10-20-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah, just confirmed it with the product manual. The device only controlls 3 axis. Nudge up/down, left/right, and rotate. So it's really only half as funtional as a regular navigator and it costs as much, if not more than others.

sandman300
10-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I just did the same thing

Yeah, just confirmed it with the product manual. The device only controlls 3 axis.
That blows. I guess you could get one rotational axis with the touch circle on top. maby use the buttons on top to switch axis. Aw, who am I kidding, this blows. Well since 3D Connection is a sub company of logitech I'll try to see if I can get them to do something programable in the interface.

sandman300
10-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Good news, I found some info on the Space Navigator or rather a driver.
,http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=done&start=0
I tried it and I got it to work for Pan and zoom so far.:D Now just to figure out the rotate?:help: