PDA

View Full Version : Import/Export plug-ins...

LaughingVulcan
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
Guys, Do any of you know if there's a plugin that would allow importing an .stl file into Modeller 8.5?

Mod, If this Thread needs to be elsewhere, please move it there. I thought this was the right spot. :newtek:

BeeVee
10-19-2007, 07:43 AM
http://www.chromecow.com/downloads/lscript/shm-stl-tools/

B

sjedt
10-19-2007, 07:57 AM
I think you should check out Blender 3D (free and from www.blender.org)

It can import .stl and export to .obj and other format that you can use with Modeler.

LaughingVulcan
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
sjedt - Thanks! I'm going to try and see if Blender works!

Beevee - I'll check out the script too.

Thank you both. I'll let you know how it works...

Be Well, all.

Greg :bowdown: :bowdown:

LaughingVulcan
10-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Guys, Tried both.

The script ultimately opened the 700,000+ poly file (jewelry)...Got Blender and I THINK I opened it, but saw nothing in the windows...I may haver to work with it a bit more to get the knack...

Be Well.

Greg:thumbsup:

sjedt
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
LaughingVulcan, I think blender is probably got stuck with 700k poly. but to be fair, my macbook pro can handle around that (slowly).

Please try to use "Home" key or the menu below the view port, View->View All. May be it's too big or too small.

I can try to handle it for you if you can zip and upload to somewhere like Rapidshare.com or Depositefiles.com.

Cheer!
Jedt S.

LaughingVulcan
10-19-2007, 03:05 PM
sjedt:

Thanks.
The Home key did it...popped it into view...Tried saving as LWO, seems to be working...

Saved...and was able to open in LW.

I have to say the Blender interface is...disconcerting. (It looks like they picked up the button style from LW.) I think I'll try to play with it as I get the chance.

Is there a manual or PDF so I could read up on the interface?

Be well & have a good safe weekend. :thumbsup: