PDA

View Full Version : Load items from scene

dogs_dinner
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
yoohoo,

Erm whats the best way to get around the 'Load items from scene' crashing LW?

MooseDog
10-19-2007, 09:12 AM
it's a known issue for 9.3 (which doesn't help:D )

some people have reported success by ensuring there is no scene editor master plugin active in the "importing from" scene. however i know there are other elements that can also tank the operation.

otherwise, since it does work in 9.2, try that if it's still installed.

hope that helps:hey:

Nangleator
10-19-2007, 10:10 AM
It definitely saved my bacon that removing "Scene" from the Master plugins list fixed it for me.

spec24
10-20-2007, 04:20 PM
If only that would work. LW is completely unuseable for me at this point because Load from Scene is completely broken.

bobakabob
10-21-2007, 02:35 PM
If only that would work. LW is completely unuseable for me at this point because Load from Scene is completely broken.

Oh no - disaster. Any updates?

dogs_dinner
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Cheers guys.

I'll try removing the scene master plugin.
I did get it to work by starting with a fresh scene and loading in from both scenes, I guess thats cos the master plugin wasn't present in the fresh scene.

Greenlaw
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM

We used LightWave 9.3 to create the Ninja Gaiden trailer and discovered the LFS bug almost immediately. It's annoying but the solution is simple: whenever we needed to use LFS we just switched to 9.2, did the task, and then switched back to 9.3 to continue working. I imagine this problem will be fixed soon, but for now it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Hope this helps.

DRG

spec24
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
We used LightWave 9.3 to create the Ninja Gaiden trailer and discovered the LFS bug almost immediately. It's annoying but the solution is simple: whenever we needed to use LFS we just switched to 9.2, did the task, and then switched back to 9.3 to continue working. I imagine this problem will be fixed soon, but for now it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Hope this helps.

DRG

It is if you no longer have 9.2 and it doesn't appear to be available for download on Newtek's site. At least it wasn't last I checked.

Greenlaw
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
It is if you no longer have 9.2 and it doesn't appear to be available for download on Newtek's site. At least it wasn't last I checked.

You might want to try LW 8.5 then, which is still available, although there may be other issues involved in using 8.5 such has temporarily saving your scene in an older format.

One more thing you might try is to sign up for the public beta program, and see if the latest beta helps any for LFS. If you don't want to use the beta for production, just try it for LFS and then switch back to 9.3 to continue your work. Worth a shot anyway.

Just trying to help.

DRG

Jakkar
12-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Removing the scene editor in the Master Plugins seems to be the answer in most cases and did the trick for me...

Greenlaw
12-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi,

Just to add to Jakkar's fine tip, we recently had to switch back to 9.3 for some shots and found that you don't have to completely remove the Scene Editor from the Master Plug-ins panel, just disable (uncheck) it. So far this seems to work for us. You can reenable the plug-in after doing the LFS.

DRG

Giacomo99
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Upgrading to 9.3.1 fixed the problem for me.

Greenlaw
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Yes, this is fixed in 9.3.1, but we've had to go back to 9.3 in some situations.

The above tip is only for working in 9.3.

DRG