PDA

View Full Version : Free Pro Sculpting Programme (Mac/Win) From the makers of Solid Works

omeone
10-18-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.cbmodelpro.com/

ben martin
10-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Wow! Great news!
Thanks for sharing! :beerchug:

meathead
10-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Wow, 3D painting/modelling programs are coming from everywhere now!

Remember when Z brush was a whole new way to look at modelling?!?!?

It's a good time to be a 3D artist.

Steamthrower
10-18-2007, 12:06 PM
I tried this a while back and wasn't impressed. It's not completely free, and the "usefulness" of it as a whole wasn't, uh, useful to me. But then again I haven't had much experience with sculpting programs at all.

3DGFXStudios
10-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey cool! The UI looks a little like lightwave v3. Cool!!!

JamesCurtis
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Actually, it is basically free. It must be registered in 15 days to retain full continued use of the program. Of course, I already registered it, and I guess I'll know for sure in 16 days if its still fully functional.

First impression is that I kinda like it. It IS fairly simple, but is a great free alternative to those that don't have the cash for zbrush or the new modo release. It's also a good standard feature replacement for Mudbox which is now gonna be owned and assimilated by you know who!!!

My only wish so far is if it could save out to LWO's with UV's of course!! I do have Polytrans so conversion to LW isn't a big issue.

Steamthrower
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Both Modo and 3d-Brush, along with Silo, are looking very nice to me.

Z-brush is a bit too expensive for my taste, and Mudbox is now owned by Autocrat. So...narrows down the options a bit.