PDA

View Full Version : Non Paying project needs character artists

Andrew March
10-18-2007, 04:22 AM
This is the perfect opportunity for upcoming character artists to join a project that will help you improve your skills and look good as a resume piece.

Feinders Keepers (Book of Mars) follows the adventures of a group of down on thier luck treasure hunters in a race to discover and protect the fate of mankind.

Set in the future with a grungy industrial Alienesque style Feinders Keepers is set to be a web delivered all CG series of shorts (2-4 mins).

Our primary task at this time is to secure staff for our character development team.

This is completely unfunded and as such we really are relying on your generosity and desire to help out.

If anyone is interested and would like to know more, please send me a private message.

Thanks for reading.

sammael
10-18-2007, 05:27 AM
Got any concepts or progress shots to show at this stage?

Andrew March
10-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Sure,

We have a great pro concept artist working for us, this is just a taster since nearly everything is covered by an NDA and we don't want to give too much away.

It's a cracking story, completely original, with some great locations and interaction.

JamesCurtis
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
I need to eat and pay my bills. Resume and a showpiece doesn't do that. Besides, I don't see much here so far!!

I have several projects of my own in mind and feel that a working person deserves to be paid for his/her time and effort. IMO.

Andrew March
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes James, which is why I have asked for upcoming artists who might need some experience instead of those worrying about how they might put bread on thier table.

And since the series is going to be delivered freely and I'm not getting paid for it either, you do the math.

Thanks for dropping by with your enormous contribution.

JamesCurtis
10-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I appologize if I came off wrong to you.

Business for me here has not been too good for awhile. I live in a state where the companies I did work for are closing up shop here in fair numbers and moving the work away with them. I had a project get put on hold on me a few weeks ago that would have earned me a $1000 per week. Now I need to find some way to replace that.

I want you to know, if this situation wasn't there, I'd consider helping out.

Maybe later on perhaps?

vadermanchild
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
your concept art is pretty basic - hard to see much character in the face - seems like its not been worked on much. I`d try to get some free concept artists before getting free 3d peeps to work on it.

Andrew March
10-18-2007, 11:18 PM
James, no problem man, I know what it's like to struggle, fingers crossed for a bright future to you soon.

We have free concept artists, in fact a team of six, two working on characters, two on locals and two on vehicles.

The concepts are early stage as is the project, we know that this is going to be a tough sell with the limited work done, but we don't want to find ourselves in two months with no one to flesh out our characters.

Iain
10-19-2007, 05:15 AM
I hope you get some people on board, Andrew. A sucessful project like this would be good for the profile of LW if nothing else.

Unfortunately, I have the same character modelling skills as the two mumbling guys who are landscaping my garden.
:goodluck:

Andrew March
10-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Cheers mate, how do you feel about doing an office interior for me?

Iain
10-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Sure thing. As long as the deadlines aren't too tight. :hey:
I'll PM you.

Andrew March
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Got your PM Iain, thanks mate :)