PDA

View Full Version : Changing from 30 fps to 24 fps HOW HOW ??

andy gee
10-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Hi 2 all

I am having few problem with my scene, I have just finished my animation of my fish swimming, but i would like to slow down the motion a tad by extending the motion of the fish by about 50 frames or so.

Firstly how would i go about this ?

Secondly (and by far the biggest pain) is that i have realised that my frame per second is set to 30 instead of 24 which is what i want.

I have tried to manually change it from 30 to 24 and then put all the curves back to where they were but im still getting decimal frames on some of my motion curves.

And Lastley, I have dynamic parenting on the camera, which messes up when i try to scale or change the fps.

How would i sort these out ??

If anybody could help then that would be great.

Thanks

Andy Gee

starbase1
10-18-2007, 03:57 AM
In my experience fractional key frames are a nightmare, so try and avoid them...

If your animation is an AVI, there's a free tool called AVIFRATE (from memory), which will let you poke a new frame rate into an existing AVI. Google it.

It's pretty much always a good idea to save out individual frames though - if you are short of space and it's not a final run I find JPG's are fine as the animation is so much more heavily compressed anyway...

To scale everything in a frame, go to the scene editor, old scene editor, and select scale all keys. As I said, try and pick a number that wont give you fractional key frames if possible.

Hi 2 all

I am having few problem with my scene, I have just finished my animation of my fish swimming, but i would like to slow down the motion a tad by extending the motion of the fish by about 50 frames or so.

Firstly how would i go about this ?

Secondly (and by far the biggest pain) is that i have realised that my frame per second is set to 30 instead of 24 which is what i want.

I have tried to manually change it from 30 to 24 and then put all the curves back to where they were but im still getting decimal frames on some of my motion curves.

And Lastley, I have dynamic parenting on the camera, which messes up when i try to scale or change the fps.

How would i sort these out ??

If anybody could help then that would be great.

Thanks

Andy Gee

Mr Rid
10-18-2007, 05:37 AM
To eliminate fractional keys, use Keyframer generic plugin to 'Defractionalize' the keys- it will move the fractional keys to the nearest whole number. The interface is pretty self-explanatory.

starbase1
10-18-2007, 09:38 AM
To eliminate fractional keys, use Keyframer generic plugin to 'Defractionalize' the keys- it will move the fractional keys to the nearest whole number. The interface is pretty self-explanatory.

Is that one included or third party?

Scazzino
10-18-2007, 09:45 AM
You can also use the graph editor to get your keyframes back in line.

Load all your animated channels into the graph editor and select them all. Then select all the keyframes in the graph portion and select Keys->Snap Keys to Frames.

Keyframer is included by the way, you can find it listed under the Generics plugins.

:beerchug: