PDA

View Full Version : SX-84 Troubles

blazer003
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
First the unfixable problem. I'm a little upset that on arrival my SX-84's front left XLR out port is not functioning. The verdict? I have to pay to ship it in to have it repaired. IMHO I think if a product is defective out of the box it should be fully covered but anyway.

Here's the issue that I'm hoping I can get some help with. I'm getting the diagonal light lines that slowly roll from bottom right to top left, that after reading this thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72842&highlight=%22video+noise%22) I found are signs of RF interference. We are getting this on all of our video connections out of the BOB. Whether it be component, composite or S-Video. This is not noise on the input signal because a computer generated black screen gives us the same lines. I have also checked this on different monitors to make sure it wasn't isolated to just that one.

Next I thought maybe some of our power cables could be causing it, but after cutting power to everything except my computer and that one video monitor, I was still left with the same diagonal pattern. I should also say that the cable from BOB to the monitor is 6 ft, so it certainly shouldn't be picking up as much noise as it is, I don't think.

Can anyone give suggestions as to what I might try to help eliminate this problem, and give me any insight you might have if you've had this problem before?

Tod Cole
10-29-2007, 06:25 PM
First the unfixable problem. I'm a little upset that on arrival my SX-84's front left XLR out port is not functioning. The verdict? I have to pay to ship it in to have it repaired. IMHO I think if a product is defective out of the box it should be fully covered but anyway.

Here's the issue that I'm hoping I can get some help with. I'm getting the diagonal light lines that slowly roll from bottom right to top left, that after reading this thread (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72842&highlight=%22video+noise%22) I found are signs of RF interference. We are getting this on all of our video connections out of the BOB. Whether it be component, composite or S-Video. This is not noise on the input signal because a computer generated black screen gives us the same lines. I have also checked this on different monitors to make sure it wasn't isolated to just that one.

Next I thought maybe some of our power cables could be causing it, but after cutting power to everything except my computer and that one video monitor, I was still left with the same diagonal pattern. I should also say that the cable from BOB to the monitor is 6 ft, so it certainly shouldn't be picking up as much noise as it is, I don't think.

Can anyone give suggestions as to what I might try to help eliminate this problem, and give me any insight you might have if you've had this problem before?
I would say from the past issues is the following issues:
1. Dirty Power
2. Bad ground
3. Card is bad
4. Card not getting clean power.
Troubleshooting these things takes time and is a major pain. Wish you the best.

Tod Cole
10-29-2007, 06:25 PM

I would say from the past- try to troubleshoot the following issues:
1. Dirty Power
2. Bad ground
3. Card is bad
4. Card not getting clean power.
Troubleshooting these things takes time and is a major pain. Wish you the best.