PDA

View Full Version : Overlay Help Needed

Renotom
10-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Trying to use a VT4 to show sport stats as an overlay on a jumbotron. I want to take the stats feed from my scoreboard controller and have that automatically update the overlay. How can I do this?

PIZAZZ
10-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Trying to use a VT4 to show sport stats as an overlay on a jumbotron. I want to take the stats feed from my scoreboard controller and have that automatically update the overlay. How can I do this?

DataOverlay from YoungMonkey

or

Use a separate computer as an IVGA input keying out what you don't want.

Renotom
10-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Looked at that plug in...I don't want to have to manually enter info so a separate comp is not an option.. How does the overlay from young monkey get it's info...is it through a direct line to the VT's computer or other method? Talked with the monkey people briefly but dialog has fallen off from their end.

PIZAZZ
10-21-2007, 09:14 AM
The data overlay plugin takes data from a database and translates it to text via Aura as a DSK layer.

I never mentioned manual entry. A second computer could be used to do the same thing as the Data Overlayer does. That computer would take the data from the scoreboard software and then translate it to a visual representation most likely with a keyable color as the background. You would use IVGA to bring that into the switcher while keying out the keyable color.

You would need someone to program the software to watch the database for changes and then update the text box.

You could do this all on one VT by using the VGA Capture feature and place it into the DSK layer. IVGA will not live in the DSK layer. VGA Capture can create it's own alpha so it can live in the DSK.

Hope that helps. Contact me if you need help getting all this to work. I have programmers available and I do on site service calls if needed.