PDA

View Full Version : Mesh

Brandonisrad
10-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey people!

I was wondering, anyone have a head mesh and body mesh for female and male characters? I have been trying and trying to build them from scratch and it's taking FOREVER so I need a mesh so I can get me a character modeled :p

SplineGod
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Download makehuman. It allows you to dial in different ppl a little like poser and then exports the object. Its also free.
http://www.dedalo-3d.com/

Brandonisrad
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Download makehuman. It allows you to dial in different ppl a little like poser and then exports the object. Its also free.
http://www.dedalo-3d.com/

Wow thanks!!

AbnRanger
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey people!

I was wondering, anyone have a head mesh and body mesh for female and male characters? I have been trying and trying to build them from scratch and it's taking FOREVER so I need a mesh so I can get me a character modeled :pKeep at it, regarding the head model. You are going to need to learn how, and having stuff given to you or ready-made won't get you a job at a studio down the road. The earlier you tackle difficult modeling tasks the better you'll be when it comes time to look for work.
If you find something tough to model, find whatever tutorials, video or otherwise, which cover that type of object, and just follow along. Just don't go the easy route simply cause things get a bit challenging.

Larry has a number of free tutorials and a couple DVD's that cover character modeling.

Brandonisrad
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Keep at it, regarding the head model. You are going to need to learn how, and having stuff given to you or ready-made won't get you a job at a studio down the road. The earlier you tackle difficult modeling tasks the better you'll be when it comes time to look for work.
If you find something tough to model, find whatever tutorials, video or otherwise, which cover that type of object, and just follow along. Just don't go the easy route simply cause things get a bit challenging.

Larry has a number of free tutorials and a couple DVD's that cover character modeling.

Yeah that's true, but I just needed a human character for my animating when I start practicing modeling I will not use those premade characters. Also I needed it for texturing. Thanks for the advice!! ~B-Rad~

archijam
10-18-2007, 04:55 AM
On the other hand, having a good polyflow model in a background layer could be a good guide to beating a box into the same shape unaided ..

How's the polyflow on those models? Does it generate quads?

j.

AbnRanger
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
This is also a good tutorial by Taron, and you'll learn some important things about polyflow. Not understanding proper polyflow will frustrate your modeling efforts at various points. Once you understand that, it becomes a much easier and fluid task.
http://gnomonology.com/group/20

Brandonisrad
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
On the other hand, having a good polyflow model in a background layer could be a good guide to beating a box into the same shape unaided ..

How's the polyflow on those models? Does it generate quads?

j.

Yes, they are great :D

Brandonisrad
10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
This is also a good tutorial by Taron, and you'll learn some important things about polyflow. Not understanding proper polyflow will frustrate your modeling efforts at various points. Once you understand that, it becomes a much easier and fluid task.
http://gnomonology.com/group/20

Wow thank you!

zapper1998
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Keep at it, regarding the head model.

You are going to need to learn how, and having stuff given to you or ready-made won't get you a job at a studio down the road.

The earlier you tackle difficult modeling tasks the better you'll be when it comes time to look for work.

If you find something tough to model, find whatever tutorials, video or otherwise, which cover that type of object, and just follow along.

Just don't go the easy route simply cause things get a bit challenging.

I agree, but some times you like to tear some models apart, to see how they were built.

I have downloaded meshes and used them as templates for my one models, mostly for " Ref "....

Mike