PDA

View Full Version : How to find out wich surface has certain Shader applied

dballesg
10-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I am trying to create a series of fake shaders that will store values for a Master LScript to export to an xml scene format.

And I cannot find a way to:

1.- Form a Master Script find which surface has a shader applied, I tried with the server() method but Jarno told me it would not work in this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73615

2.- From the shader find out to which surface is applied, but you can only find to WHICH object it is applied by the:

objID (READ-ONLY)
objID is a pointer to an Object Agent that represents the object being shaded.

I tried as well to use the comRing (that works) but due that when you create the shader you don't KNOW WHICH surface is applied to, I can not either use the comRing to notify to the Master Script.

So any help would be welcome! :)

David

ana027
10-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Hi David, I has to study a lot lasts days about this problem and I think thats I have now the soluction of the problem. Here is a rar file with two scripts and modeler objects. I saw that I can't get the values from layout and I read that I can get the values from modeler. You must load the lightwave object in the rar in modeler and you cam load the scripts in modeler too, I think that you can understand me when you see the two scripts.