PDA

View Full Version : My job depends on solving this problem!

echomedia
10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Got a new job. Everything was going fine my first day until I tried to render a model with an image map texture. The default surface textures rendered OK but the image map did not. My polys are flipped the right way. The node editor is connected right. It's set to render as photorealistic. I'm at a lost. I've done this type of thing successfully before on my system at home. Could the previous user have set up some customized setting?

Any ideas? I'm not kidding when I say I'll lose my job, so please help if you can.

Castius
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
We can't possible help you with the information you have given. If you can't explain in more detail. You need to give us Files, Screen Shots, Renders anything more than just the texture doesn't render.

jameswillmott
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Did you turn nodes on in the surface editor?

zardoz
10-16-2007, 03:18 AM
when you use the 'old' layer system how does it render?

4dartist
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I guess he got fired...

:foreheads

Unless he figured it out on his own.

:boogiedow

archijam
10-19-2007, 12:04 AM
There is another possibility:

He got promoted (ala OfficeSpace), fired his previous boss and is now threatening the new-new guy with being fired if he can't do an imagemap.

If so, we should see the new-new guy's post soon ;)

j.

Mr Rid
10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Well would you hire a CG artist who just 2 weeks ago was asking, "How do I raytrace shadows and reflections?" http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74433

archijam
10-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Eek.

Possible excerpt from CV:
I like a challenge, I enjoy traing new things, am confident even in the face of an impossible task, and I like to work in groups (as long as they know the software).

j.

Dexter2999
10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
I wonder if the image file really took? Like perhaps the I/O plug ins folder needed scanning to accept the image file type. Otherwise you can select it but it just kicks back out.