PDA

View Full Version : XP issues

jcool4LW
06-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Has anyone experienced problems running Lightwave on Windows XP? I encountered the following problems:

1) After I installed the Sentinal Drivers, every time I started Windows, it would find the new USB hardware and then SHUT DOWN! The computer would then restart and continue this non-stop cycle until I pulled out the USB lock.

2) Somehow tweaking the driver settings worked for problem 1) but... now everytime I open Lightwave or Modeler and clear the "Contact Newtek to get permanent license key" message, the program locks up.

Perhaps getting the license will clear up this problem, but in the meantime I'd like to be able to use it. It seams to me that an application of this cost should not contain these types of bugs.

Anyone experienced similar problems?

meshmaster
06-30-2003, 10:00 AM
then reinstall again. I think the auto installer thing asks you to install the sentinel driver first. Do that, then do the reboot it asks you to do, then do the rest of the install. That should fix it. Also, after doing all of this make sure that the updated key file is in the programs folder.

ChrisS
07-01-2003, 07:02 AM
I believe I've heard that you may need to install the Sentinel serial drivers, even if you're using the USB dongle. Also heard that an updated driver from Rainbow might do the trick.

mattclary
07-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Also, when you install the sentinel driver, make sure the (USB) dongle is not attached.