PDA

View Full Version : Moving time in an object

MiniFireDragon
10-15-2007, 10:05 AM
If memory serves me correct (I lost my code for my speed adjusting plugin) you can't alter a keys time, only it's x,y,z.

So therefore in order to do so, U need to delete the key and then make a new one at the new time with the same setting.

Or am I missing a function?

evenflcw
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Well you could use the dopetrack or dopesheet which are there mainly for this.

jameswillmott
10-16-2007, 12:42 AM
@ evenflcw: He means through a plugin.

I agree, strange, at first glance you only seem to be able to adjust the value of a key, not it's time. So yes, you'd probably have to delete and make a new one. Seems a strange way of doing things.

evenflcw
10-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Ahem... very sorry. I've just recently started using the New Posts feature of the forum, and apparently I'm not keeping track of what section I'm in.

Maybe we should ask for such a function? I think it would be important for future development (like better undo, integrated MM which reference keys through actions) to distinguish between moving a key and recreating a key somewhere else.

MiniFireDragon
10-16-2007, 08:33 AM
jameswillmott - Well, I think I have a reason why you can't adjust the time of a frame or a key. What if you moved the time beyond another key?

I was reflecting back on the plugin I did and I had done just that, it did strange things. In the end I actually had to go through and move all the keys after the one I was moving to get it to work right.