PDA

View Full Version : SkyTracerImageProbe

10-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to use Skytracer to create Image Probe images to use as background/illumination ssources for showing a client fenestration (windows!) on a building under different skys.
2 questions.
1) are the HDR lightprobe images baked from skytracer2 supposed to be upside-down?
2) are there any good sources of sky presets with descriptions - I havn't got much time to play around & I keep failing dismaly to get the sort of dismal overcast skys I'm looking for! (location is Macau)

Captain Obvious
10-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Use the surface baker camera with a sphere and a UV map or something to create a spherical image map instead of a light probe.

gerry_g
10-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Ozone 3 (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/ozone/ozone_3.0/) is very nice with a wide range of pre sets, actually it’s infinitely better than skytracer, why lie. On an eight core they render pretty swiftly (or can be baked in LW) but it only works on the Intel version of the Mac UB (if you’re on a Mac), alternately if you have Vue5, or 6 with the spectral atmospheres you could do the self same thing in Vue itself

starbase1
10-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Ozone 3 (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/ozone/ozone_3.0/) is very nice with a wide range of pre sets, actually itís infinitely better than skytracer, why lie. On an eight core they render pretty swiftly (or can be baked in LW) but it only works on the Intel version of the Mac UB (if youíre on a Mac), alternately if you have Vue5, or 6 with the spectral atmospheres you could do the self same thing in Vue itself

Yup, the cheapest and fastest way is to buy yourself the lowest end version of Vue, and go the 'export sky' route to make an image you can use as an environment in LW. Vue comes with quite a few sky presets, everyone of which is better than anything you will get out of skytracer. You can also export matching (but choose much lower res) HDR images to complete the scene.

Captain Obvious
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Or you could use DPont's excellent Skylight.p plugin, along with some spherical image maps.