PDA

View Full Version : Misplaced Dongle Key...

OrionTest
10-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Well,
I have avoided dongles like the plague.... and for a good reason...I misplaced mine on Friday, if the USB port was physically guarded, I could have left it in the PC when I moved it in my car..... I have had LW for exactly 1 week. I am sure it is still in the safe place I put it while 10 people were talking to me at work as I left, and the kids yelling and screaming when I arrived at home. If only know where that safe place was. I have ripped the house apart and went back to work 3 times to look.
I am sure I will find it after I spend god knows how much money for a new one and the next day FED EX charges. Does anyone know if the 30 day version will allow me to render in hi-def without a watermark or such?
I have a rush project and I have been learning 3D Arsenal and LW every night at home and I don't want to lose a day.
I really hate dongles.
Anyone know how much they are?

Rob

Steamthrower
10-15-2007, 09:23 AM
It's around $160, at least a few months ago when I temporarily thought I had left mine in the Baltimore airport.

talkfist
10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Well, the good thing about the dongle is that you can moce the software to computer to computer as needed but the bad as you know is losing it. My version of LW was shipped without a dongle because they thought it was an upgrade. I keep a small dongle case to place both dongles and thumbdrives insafe during transport. Most dongles are designed to fit on a key ring-- however I suggest you identify a dongle carrier to avoid future problems.

iconoclasty
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I thought I was the only one nerdy enough to have a little case for dongles and thumbdrives.

Steamthrower
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I have mine attached to a USB extension cable so ridiculously awkward that it's now impossible for me to lose it.

THREEL
10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
There was another thread about this. I think it was started by ShawnStovall. Forgive me if the spelling is wrong. It seemed to me that breaking a dongle was better than losing one. I broke mine and was able to have it replaced, but I had to send them the broken dongle.

iconoclasty
10-16-2007, 01:22 PM
yeah. If you break it NT doesn't have to worry about you scamming another license, but if it's just lost you could be lying. I'm surprised they don't make you pay the full amount for another dongle since you're essentially getting another copy of LW.