PDA

View Full Version : saving a hypervoxel setting to the preset lib?

cresshead
10-13-2007, 03:09 PM
saving a hypervoxel setting to the preset lib?
how?

i don't use hypervoxels enough to remember the quirky way lw deems to save a hypervoxel to a preset lib...save doesn't work as it saves a file...but not to the preset lib...you can't double click on a thumbnail like a normal surface and the help manual 'doesn't!!!!!:thumbsdow

at times i really lose interest in lightwave ....some of it is so far removed from logical workflows ....

..err... help!:D

arsad
10-13-2007, 03:14 PM
try viper, as i vaguely remember a double click in the viper window stores it in the preset shelf

cresshead
10-13-2007, 03:18 PM
thank you!!...:thumbsup: :D

i know it was some dumbass way of doing it...seeing as i wasn't using VIPER i could'nt workout/remember how to....

is it not annoying that in the hypervoxel editor there's no save to preset lib button?

somethings in lw just get built and are left half finished with a quirky workflow that you HAVE TO REMEMBER to use in a certain way withcertain windows open otherwise it just can't be done!

annoying or what....

and eerrr.... thanks as i was getting ratty!...the lw manual is at the bottom of the stairs...i'll use it on my bonfire on nov 5th....

bobakabob
10-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Agreed it's not the most intuitive way to store presets... Skytracer works the same way.

arsad
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
well now that I tested it ... there is actually a button on the viper window "add preset". Then again double click does it as well ;-)

cresshead
10-13-2007, 03:56 PM
the thing is i was editing in the hypervoxel editor....no where near a viper window as i wasn't using 'viper'...some stuff just drives me round the twist!
no doubt i i searched for viper i'd have found how to save a hypervoxel preset!
....but didn't find anything when i looked for hypervoxel in regards to saving a preset....

dumb is a word i'd use for how you operate some of the stuff in lightwave...these need to be addressed by version 10 don't ya think?
...just add a bloody BUTTON in the hypervoxel editor to save to preset!
how hard can that be....we've only waited since version 5.6 he....err around 10years!

i was quirte angry...now i just find it amusing how stupid some stuff is in lightwave...still it delivers some nice results
...hey they should offer a hair loss bonus deal with the next upgrade!

bobakabob
10-13-2007, 04:27 PM
the thing is i was editing in the hypervoxel editor....no where near a viper window as i wasn't using 'viper'...some stuff just drives me round the twist!
no doubt i i searched for viper i'd have found how to save a hypervoxel preset!
....but didn't find anything when i looked for hypervoxel in regards to saving a preset....

dumb is a word i'd use for how you operate some of the stuff in lightwave...these need to be addressed by version 10 don't ya think?
...just add a bloody BUTTON in the hypervoxel editor to save to preset!
how hard can that be....we've only waited since version 5.6 he....err around 10years!

i was quirte angry...now i just find it amusing how stupid some stuff is in lightwave...still it delivers some nice results
...hey they should offer a hair loss bonus deal with the next upgrade!

God bless Hypervoxels. Funny how they're so pain free and intuitive to use (but try adding a preset).

Now if they'd only sort out Skytracer...

arsad
10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
cresshead, you are absolutely right! I never said anything contradictory to
your opinion. I just realized there is a button on the viper window! that's all!

Btw. I rarely use the HV window without viper... without visual feedback I
find it a pain in the b*** to edit HV's. But that is another story ;-)

cresshead
10-13-2007, 11:57 PM
hey no probs...i was just editing the look in the viewport with show particles on and set to sprite mode...that was my mistake..NOT to fire up viper!

either lightwave need to automatically open up viper when you add hypervoxels as they are SO closly related or newtek need to add ALL of the functions needed for hypervoxels in the hypervoxel editor panel....9.6?