PDA

View Full Version : About the module?

maxsoul
06-30-2003, 06:34 AM
After i installed the software and recieved the dfusion.dat, i begin to explore the program however i can't seem to find the included module, such as grid wrap or tracker!
For troubleshooting, i unstall it and reinstall it again and still no sign of the module!
I am running on Win2000 pro sp3, athlonXP and 512MB of ram.

jr_sunshine
06-30-2003, 07:34 AM
To answer your question, the following 5 steps get you the tracker tool. Change the steps up to get other tools.

1. Create a new Flow. (File, New)
2. Right-click in the workspace area. (bottom panel)
3. Choose "Add Tool" from the menu.
4. Choose "Tracking" from the menu.
5. Choose "Tracker" from the menu.

Liber777
07-01-2003, 09:16 AM
On my VT system, I noticed that the modules don't load if the the HASP dongle is not plugged into the parallel port. The base program will still run though, with a nag indicating that it will only continue to do so for 30 days to allow you to register with eyeon. I'm sure this is for those who purchased the package with DFX+ keyed to their Toaster card.

maxsoul
07-01-2003, 08:42 PM
actually there are no nag screen about the 30 days thing and the dongle is plugged in. I have been checking for 2 days already and i can't find the module1 and module 4 function. It is a upgrade LW8 and DFX+ deal.

Liber777
07-01-2003, 08:52 PM
If you right-click on one of the buttons in the tool bar, you'll get a pop-up window that allows you to Customize the bar. There's a Categories drop-down and one of the options in there should be Tracking. If it's there, you can click on "Add All" and the buttons will be appended to the tool bar.

If the Tracking category's not there, then I'd guess you were sent a DFusion.dat file that doesn't have the release codes for Modules 1 and 4, or maybe the HASP key isn't working. I've heard eyeon's support is very good, so hopefully they can have you up and running quickly.

Liber777
07-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Mine was also the LW8 upgrade deal.

maxsoul
07-01-2003, 09:08 PM
if i open dfusion.dat with wordpad it have 6 lines in it. The first lline is start with "FEATURE DFXPlusBase eyeon 4.0 ..." the last line is only few character in length.

Liber777
07-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Mine is much longer than that.

It starts with "FEATURE DFXPlusBase eyeon 4.0 permanent uncounted," a bunch of other information and hex code, and then "FEATURE DFXPlusMod1 eyeon 4.0 permanent uncounted," more hex code, and "FEATURE DFXPlusMod4 eyeon 4.0 permanent uncounted" for the modules.

Sounds like maybe you need a replacement .dat file. If you've registered with eyeon's web site, you can sign on and download the file right now. If that one's bad too, then I guess you'll have to contact support.

maxsoul
07-01-2003, 09:45 PM
thank you Liber777 for your help!
my .dat file is missing the mod1 and mod4 description. I send a email to eyeon already, hope they reply soon.

maxsoul
07-03-2003, 06:50 AM
eyeon definetly have a really fast respond. It took about half day to receive my new dfusion.dat and it work fine with the module 1 and 4.

Liber777
07-03-2003, 08:00 AM
I'm very impressed with this company and the approach that they take with DF.

I'd really like to round the package out with the remaining modules, but that's going to cost about a grand, so I'm going to have to wait for a project to come along to justify and pay for it.