PDA

View Full Version : change surface button no longer in modeler

pdp editor
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't remember this happening when I upgraded to 9.3 but my change surface button is now surface editor which used to be located with the other buttons along the upper left. What happened here? I searched the forum with no luck:help:

pdp editor
10-12-2007, 08:20 PM
notice where the surface editor is :question:

IMI
10-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Huh?
It's still called Surface Editor, and the keyboard shortcut is F5.
Change Surface, as far as I've noticed, has never been in that menu group, but has the keyboard shortcut of q.
Did you have some custom menu set up before?
Surface Editor (F5), by default is still in the upper left.

pdp editor
10-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Huh?
It's still called Surface Editor, and the keyboard shortcut is F5.
Change Surface, as far as I've noticed, has never been in that menu group, but has the keyboard shortcut of q.
Did you have some custom menu set up before?
Surface Editor (F5), by default is still in the upper left.

Ok then explain this: see attached:question:

pdp editor
10-12-2007, 08:39 PM
according to the manual the layout should look this. notice the button misplacement of my modeler verses what the shot from the manual shows

pdp editor
10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
surface editor is on the left not bottom and I have no change surface button at all!

IMI
10-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok then explain this: see attached

OK. Umm... maybe if you weren't under a tab titled "3D Arsenal", which is not part of the default scheme... and is obviously a custom menu. You must have made that CFG file, unless you;re on someone else's computer.

hit Alt+F10, then select Default in the Configure Menus panel which opens. Cloes it, and there you go.

Surrealist.
10-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Looks like you have some third party plugins there. If you delete your modeler config you'll have to reload all of those.

So just go to Edit/Edit Menu Layout and put it back in. In the Edit Menu panel the Image Editor and the Surface Editor should be in the Windows group of the Command window on the left. If you don't have them try and rescan your pugins. That would be Untility/Edit Plugins.

Edit: Does 3D arsenal remove the top group? It shouldn't. If you load a preset, you'll have to recreate that custom menu which is why I suggested just putting them back in manually.

IMI
10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
3D Arsenal is a plugin? I thought it was a Newtek suite of animation tools and training material.

pdp editor
10-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks ALT F10 Fix my issue.

Surrealist.
10-13-2007, 12:41 AM
3D Arsenal is a plugin? I thought it was a Newtek suite of animation tools and training material.

Your Right. :) I was just looking at the tab of plugins (included with 3D Arsenal), I knew it was a training pack - or something to that effect - but did not realize it was NT.

But for the record, does 3D Arsenal create a custom layout without the Surface Editor?

pdp editor
10-14-2007, 11:43 AM
yes it does create it's own layout it's an extra tab along the top. However it does not effect the rest of modeler.